Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot headers on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010 | 10:18 PM
myred55
|
Road Master
Default Jackpot headers on the way!

After 3-1/2 weeks I received a tracking notice from UPS stating that my Jackpot 2-1-2 header pipes I ordered from FuelMoto will be delivered tomorrow. Plan to tackle the change-out myself this weekend.
Any tips or things I should look out for while doing the change-out?

Old 10-20-2010 | 06:00 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member

Be sure to ask Jamie at FuelMoto to give you computation numbers to suit your bike if you got PCV. Not too sure about other tuners.

The factory chrome headpipe covers wouldn't fit on right so you got to "play" with it until your satisfied with the set-up and finalize by tightening up to your likings.

You'd be one happy man afterwards. Keep the rest of us posted on how you like the 2-1-2 headpipes. Don't ask me how I know, LOL.

Thorey

Old 10-20-2010 | 06:48 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Some advice I would give you is if your thinking about doing any other mod that would make it easier by having the exhaust off, do it now! I just replaced my rear brake lever and it was a PITA to remove with the headers there. If you plan on changing out the transmission, cam cover, clutch cable, etc. do it now.

Old 10-20-2010 | 08:53 AM
TickTock
Club Member

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
Be sure to ask Jamie at FuelMoto to give you computation numbers to suit your bike if you got PCV. Not too sure about other tuners.

The factory chrome headpipe covers wouldn't fit on right so you got to "play" with it until your satisfied with the set-up and finalize by tightening up to your likings.

You'd be one happy man afterwards. Keep the rest of us posted on how you like the 2-1-2 headpipes. Don't ask me how I know, LOL.

Thorey
Just curious as I have ordered a set - what is the issue with the chrome covers? Where do they not fit correctly that requires special adjustment or attention?

Old 10-20-2010 | 09:03 AM
CLYDE60
Tourer

Just put a set on my 11 ultra I had no issues with the heat shields take your time read instructions, put covers don't tighten up until all shields are on and adjusted Gravy install

Old 10-20-2010 | 09:10 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Sense the cam cover is exposed with the exhaust off, might as well change the cams!

Old 10-20-2010 | 09:40 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by TickTock
Just curious as I have ordered a set - what is the issue with the chrome covers? Where do they not fit correctly that requires special adjustment or attention?
The heat shields fit our Jackpot pipe just like stock, and just like installing them on a stock pipe it takes some time and patience to get them all lined up correctly. It is actually very easy, just follow the steps in the instructions and you will be fine. If any questions come up just give us a call.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-20-2010 | 10:05 AM
TickTock
Club Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The heat shields fit our Jackpot pipe just like stock, and just like installing them on a stock pipe it takes some time and patience to get them all lined up correctly. It is actually very easy, just follow the steps in the instructions and you will be fine. If any questions come up just give us a call.
Thanks for the response Jamie. This is the main reason I ordered from your company - excellent customer service.

Old 10-20-2010 | 02:52 PM
profp
Cruiser

You will enjoy the results

Old 10-20-2010 | 04:23 PM
myred55
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Thanks Jamie, Great company to deal with.

Quick Reply: Jackpot headers on the way!