Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot headers on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010 | 04:33 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member

I've been wanting one of those for a loooong time. Pretty sweet.

Old 10-20-2010 | 05:02 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

When I installed mine, I found it a little tight in trying to align the pipes into the exhaust ports. The lower part of the header was actually pressing against the frame on my first attempt. I then approached it a bit differently and ensured I had the front pipe seated pretty well before tightening up the rear exhaust flange. This seemed to help and I know have approx 1/4" clearance between the frame and the pipe. I used the stock gaskets as they were in excellent shape. It runs great!

Mark

Old 10-20-2010 | 05:40 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member

What Jamie said along is correct. However, I have nothing against him. Just that I think my 2-1-2 headpipe somewhat warped causing the heat shields in an non-appropration setting. Jamie, Just learned that you don't accept PM's so I'll give you a call sometime, send you pixs of heat shields and see what we can do about this situation.

Thorey

Old 10-21-2010 | 09:30 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
What Jamie said along is correct. However, I have nothing against him. Just that I think my 2-1-2 headpipe somewhat warped causing the heat shields in an non-appropration setting. Jamie, Just learned that you don't accept PM's so I'll give you a call sometime, send you pixs of heat shields and see what we can do about this situation.

Thorey
The stainless steel pipes will not warp in any way, in fact in testing I have already had them bright orange from the exhaust port to the the collector. W even offer a lifetime warranty on them. I am sure your heat shields just need some slight adjustments and we can help out no problem.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-22-2010 | 11:11 PM
myred55
|
Road Master

Pulled my stock headers off and found the headers have a tapered end on them where they bolt to the cylinders. The new Jackpot headers have more of a squared end.
Do I just bolt the new headers to the cycliner and not worry about it? I was going to call FuelMoto but now it too late to call them. Looks like I might have to wait until Monday to call them unless someone has an answer.

Old 10-22-2010 | 11:56 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior

if the exhaust gaskets look ok just bolt them on, mine didn't leak at all in spite of using the original gaskets. But it doesn't cost much to buy new stock (not SE) gaskets and replace them prior to bolting on the pipes. Just remember to retorque the headpipe flange bolts after a heat cycle or two.

Old 10-23-2010 | 12:11 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Supporter

When I ordered mine and talked with them, they did point out the squared of end to the top of the headers. perfectreplacement. No problem

Old 10-23-2010 | 07:24 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

Just received the 2-1-2 pipe yesterday.Now all I need is the rest of the stuff!

Old 10-23-2010 | 09:34 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior

I visited Fuelmoto this week and had a chance to view and look over their headpipe. The welds are impeccable and the bends and contours of the pipes are perfect. What really blew me away was the weight of the thing. It doesn't seem to weigh hardly anything. If I had a spare $500 ........

Old 10-24-2010 | 07:31 AM
GLMac
4th Gear

I just put on my FuelMoto Headpipe and touring muffs along with the PCV that they had mapped. Awesome! Took 1 hour to do the whole thing. The fit was perfect. A straight forward install. Only had to flatten out the crossover pipe mesh gasket with a round screwdriver to get it all together. The bike is like a Hyenna witha cattle prod up it's rear. Ye Ha Jamie, This setup is awesome!

Quick Reply: Jackpot headers on the way!