Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pewter Denim painted inner fairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
skulz1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pewter Denim painted inner fairing

Has anyone painted their Inner Fairing Pewter Silver Denim? Or any Denim color for that matter. I was wondering how it turned out and what the paint code/part no. for the paint and flat clear coat are respectively. One of the painters I talked to said that it is very hard to get a perfect match and that I would be able to notice it by eye. Not to reassuring. Thinking about just ordering a painted one straight from HD. Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can get the paint here. I painted my bike using paint from here and was very happy with the results. Perfect match. http://www.colorrite.com/

Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a problem with their paint. I was painting a fairing and bags and the paint will never match but they told me that , they are different lots? But I had a problem with the fairing having a spot that would not dry? The paint would slide off the fairing spot and no matter what I did in prepping the spot it would not stick? I called them and left messges and E mails and they would never respond ? Thats always good to have a problem and not have a manufacture help you with it? That was sucky

Old 10-20-2010, 09:21 PM
skulz1
Tourer

Wondering what the HD part no.# for Pewter Denim paint and the Matte clear is? I want it to be an exact match so I feel that I need to go with the HD paint. The bummer is, I heard it comes in quart size qty only. I think/know that I will have some left over. What is the shelf life if stored properly?

Old 11-28-2010, 10:45 AM
skulz1
Tourer

The part numbers for the Pewter Denim Paint and Matte Clear are: 98609CHH and 98609CLR respectively. This is for the quart cans. Hoping to get this project done around the first of the year. Look for before and after pic's.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by skulz1
The part numbers for the Pewter Denim Paint and Matte Clear are: 98609CHH and 98609CLR respectively. This is for the quart cans. Hoping to get this project done around the first of the year. Look for before and after pic's.
Double-check the "CLR" for the denim clear. I have the HD paint book showing part nos. for paint (aerosol, touch-up, and quarts) and it shows the quart for denim clear is 98609CRL. You will also need Urethane Activator, p/n 99825-02, to mix with the HD paint prior to spraying. I'm not a painter; but, I have the HD paint book information which is what I've related here. I became familiar with the HD paint and PPG equivalents when prepping to repaint my about a year and a half ago.

If you want the PPG equivalents for the HD color, PM jharanin; he works for PPG and can provide the PPG numbers you need, and a PPG jobber or auto body shop with PPG paint mixing capability can provide the paint in the quantity you need. A PPG jobber/distributor can provide the same PPG paint codes using PPG software.

Carl

Last edited by Harleypingman; 11-28-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:43 PM
skulz1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Double-check the "CLR" for the denim clear. I have the HD paint book showing part nos. for paint (aerosol, touch-up, and quarts) and it shows the quart for denim clear is 98609CRL. You will also need Urethane Activator, p/n 99825-02, to mix with the HD paint prior to spraying. I'm not a painter; but, I have the HD paint book information which is what I've related here. I became familiar with the HD paint and PPG equivalents when prepping to repaint my about a year and a half ago.

If you want the PPG equivalents for the HD color, PM jharanin; he works for PPG and can provide the PPG numbers you need, and a PPG jobber or auto body shop with PPG paint mixing capability can provide the paint in the quantity you need. A PPG jobber/distributor can provide the same PPG paint codes using PPG software.

Carl
Thanks Harleypingman. The part No# ends in CRL not CLR. My Bad!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
skulz1
Tourer

Here is the finished product. I think it turned out nice. Can't wait to see it on the bike, but I will have to wait. I am trying to decide on what handlebars to go with. Any ideas? I am looking for a bar that is real close to stock but chrome and pre-drilled for internal wiring. Any help with this would be great.

Attached Thumbnails Pewter Denim painted inner fairing-007.jpg