Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stebel horn question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 05:47 PM
gibbyair
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stebel horn question

I have the stebel compact horn and not sure where to mount. has anyone mounted one of these and if so do you have any pic. thanks for the help

Bryan

Old 09-18-2006, 12:29 PM
luckystars5
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stebel horn question

I put the Stebel compact horn on my road king a few months ago. I found a post here with pictures and instructions but I can't find it now. I removed the stock electric horn from the cowbell cover and put the Stebel horn under the cover and secured it with wire ties. Had to cut off the plastic wings on the horn that attached it to the compressor. Also had to thread in a nylon pipe to hose barb adaptor on the horn so I could connect tubing from the compressor which I put under the seat.

I used the 12v+ cable that used to actuate the old horn for the relay required by the Stebel compressor witch I mounted under the seat in the most forward open space. Keep the compressor as upright as possible to avoid water damage.

I ran the tubing from the compressor to the horn under the tank with as short a run as possible. The back of the tank had to be lifted slightly to squeeze the tubing between the tank and frame. Used fuel line tubing.

This was an easy upgrade and only took a couple of hours. Horn is very loud and there is no delay when the button is pushed. The horn is a little high pitched for my taste but very effective in getting driver's attention.