Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:20 PM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

During the winter months, its best to stay in the southern and western parts of the state. Some of my favorite rides are:

- Along the Colorado river from Parker up to Bullhead City and Laughlin.
- The old route 66 through Oatman starting in Topcock and ending in Kingman.
- Superior, Globe, Winkleman, Kearney.
- In the Tucson area. Picture Rocks pass, Gates Pass and Kinney Road through the Tucson Moutnains; Old Spanish Trail at Houghton Road to Vail.
- Willcox to Chiricahua National Monument.

We have year round riding in AZ.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Best to your wife and prayers sent

Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Gwigg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Blue Bike II
Check this out
http://www.cyclerides.com/

BBB
I was going to post this link also, the guy that does this website lives in the Phoenix area and puts up a lot of posts about riding in the area, lots of good info.

I'm also hoping the best for your wife and yourself.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
ehc0720
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
Hi all
I have been gone for a little while, Wife was diagnosed with Cancer so we have been flying back and forth to Arizona for her to start her Chemo. She is going to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America Center in Goodyear. This post is a twofold post.
First: If anyone you know has been diagnosed with any kind of Cancer the first Phone Call you need them to make is to CTCA. These people are awesome at what they do and the way they take care of your loved one.
Second: We are moving to Goodyear AZ so we can be close to her Treatments and I am always looking for a good ride and good folks to ride with.
How about you folks giving me some of those awesome rides that I hear about in AZ and the surrounding area.
Thanks and like I said if you have loved ones with Cancer call the Center, it's the best thing you can do for them.

I have been diagnosed with stage IV terminal cancer, but I still ride. The Dr's gave me 10-12 months back on '06, after 2 yrs of treatments I was in remission. Then, about 3 mos ago it came back so I'm going thru chemo again, Dr's give me 6 mos this time. I'm here in Glendale, AZ about 15 mi from the CTCA in Goodyear. PM me if you want to get together for a ride!!!

Last edited by ehc0720; 10-19-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:08 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Thank you to all of you for the well wishes for my wife. She told me to tell all of you that she is going to beat this monster because she has a lot of roads she hasn't riden on yet and with the help of friends like all of you she will get the power to beat the Cancer.
Thanks again to all of you for the rides and I am looking forward to experiencing Arizona.
Santa

Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife. We live a bit north of Phoenix area in Kingman, tend to ride south through Phoenix or southern CA this time of year. Grand Canyon and Flag getting a bit too chilly.

Jerome area is one of our absolute favorites.....make sure you check it out. We moved here 1.5 years ago and still have a lot of areas to discover.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Best of luck to both of you

Old 10-20-2010, 10:11 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to Arizona. CTCA is one of my customers and you're right they are a great bunch of people. Good luck to you and your wife.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Just got back to tx. from az. 89A from Yarnell to just outside of Flagstaff is an absolute must do ride. We did this ride and I was flabbergasted when we entered Jerome. Just a stunning ride the entire route. Just outside of Globe to Apache Junction is a very nice ride. HD dealer in Apache Junction was incredible with some service issues. Tip of the hat to Superstition HD. Globe to Show Low was wonderful with an unexpected drive through a beautiful canyon(salt river, I think). 191 from Eagar to Safford is also a must ride. Aspen trees were in color. This is one of the best rides I have ever taken. I did like a little of the desert rides with the organ pipe cactus, but not my thing for all day. You must do 89A and 191. Arizona was my favorite ride as the scenery was stunning and the people were friendly. Very little traffic during the week. You will need reservations on weekend around Sedona.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:00 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

You have all the great rides laid out for you, cyclerides.com is a great resource.

The only thing I can add is this: try to do your riding during the week- less traffic.

NEVER ride behind an RV going uphill on a Sunday...they are returning home with full tanks and will often overflow- it ain't water.

We are just coming back into riding season, you'll love it.

MK

Quick Reply: Hey Arizona