Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander V durability?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 PM
saw*me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that Jamie is always on this forum helping all of you out should tell anyone which one to buy. I wasn't familiar with the PC when I bought my bike and fell prey to the evil HD label on the SERT. It's done fine but who would give a rat's a$$ if it crapped out but me. If it ever does (or the next bike) I will be buying a PC. Customer service now days is scarce.

Tom

Last edited by saw*me; 10-19-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Well, it is all clear now. Clear as mud! Let's just let it go and say "Different strokes for different folks". It is your money and you have a right to spend it anyway you want.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

Update:

I got the power package from Fuel Moto installed on the Ultra today and ran the bike just a couple of miles.

Jackpot pipes sound great. As much as I had read about them I never remember anyone saying anything about being sure the left pipe is the smaller outlet. I understand why, but I caught it right off the bat because of the note in their packaging. Just saying good job and good documentation by sliding a note in with the left pipe. Pipes installed easy. I put new clamps on and used the gold sealant to prevent any leaks.

Got the PC5 in without much trouble too.

Funny thing was the trickiest part was getting the new air cleaner installed. You have to remove this bracket from the throttle body that HD puts on and the directions say you can do it without removing the tank. That is only half true. You can do it if you at least loosen the tank and raise it up so you can get an allen wrench in tall enough to reach the bracket bolts on top of the throttle body. This took a little time working in the small space but raising the tank definitely helped.

Bike ran good. Definitely no decel popping and sounds great. I didn't get to ride it enough to feel the real difference in power etc., but there seems to be a little bit of an increase. Will know more after spending more time taking it around.

After all I am satisfied enough I am getting another PC5 for my WG.

Last edited by tully_mars; 10-26-2010 at 09:42 PM.