Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Headlight - my opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every modulating headlight i have passed on the road has caught my attention....QUICKLY!....I am surprised to hear so many bikers talking about being annoyed by them....actually annoyed?....Ive also noticed when people start getting old they get annoyed easily and by Things of little consequence.....sounds like you annoyed people might be about ready to join the board of your local home owners association so you can walk around your neighborhood with your little clip boards and harass people who dont live exactly like you......you have modulating headlights....oh no no no.....you have a harley bumper sticker on your mailbox, oh no no no......you sound like your well on your way to being bonafied BLUE HAIR

Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
Every modulating headlight i have passed on the road has caught my attention....QUICKLY!....I am surprised to hear so many bikers talking about being annoyed by them....actually annoyed?....Ive also noticed when people start getting old they get annoyed easily and by Things of little consequence.....sounds like you annoyed people might be about ready to join the board of your local home owners association so you can walk around your neighborhood with your little clip boards and harass people who dont live exactly like you......you have modulating headlights....oh no no no.....you have a harley bumper sticker on your mailbox, oh no no no......you sound like your well on your way to being bonafied BLUE HAIR
Hahaha... you annoy me!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:58 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also consider where you live... I live outside of chicago, you are risking your life almost everytime you ride especially if you ride into he city... but hey that is the risk you take if you want to own a bike, they are dangerous, I dont fault you guys that have had luck with the modulators, if they help or save you I say go for it, as for the pipes, that has nothing to do with the conversation, so I say use em if you dig em, I personally dont, but thats just me.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Cuzen Jeff
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the flashing head light annoys someone enough not to pull out in front of me, then it did it's job... as far as the brake light, I will tap the brake as many as 15 to 25 times to annoy the guy behind me...I would rather have him pissed off enough to stop and whip my *** then him run over me and kill my ***.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:04 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Good answer iclick..I also have a BAL on for a tail light as I have been rear ended before and it is not any fun... and I sure wouldn't want to be head on-ed either..
I was whacked really hard from the rear 20 years ago on my bike by a 16-year-old in a Mustang. She hit me first, then the car in front of me, and in the end five vehicles were involved. I saw her coming at me at 45 mph and almost got out of the way, enough to aim the bike toward the ditch, which is where I ended up. The bike was sandwiched between the two cars and totaled, but I escaped with two broken ribs and sore knees for six months. It sobered me up for being more visible in the rear, and that also extrapolated into a quest for more visibility in the front as well.

Last edited by iclick; 10-19-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:49 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Agree. Don't like them at all.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:57 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

annoying and dangerious

Old 10-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote=rerb95;7426748 if you get pulled over for it, go ahead and show the officer the law, I bet that wont stop him from writing you, and while you spend time off of work to fight it, the officer is getting paid time and a half to go to court, so really yeah you might get off the ticket but you still lose![/quote]

Yep.... the modulators are annoying and obnoxious IMHO. Plus, as stated by rerb95, some uneducated LEO with an attitude might decide to write you up rather than remembering that he is simply a public servant that is supposed to follow and know the law.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The fact that they annoy some people and that we actually notice them proves they are doing their job. Don't like them myself but they do work.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Silverearl
Road Captain

The big kick here in Ga. is flashing LED brake lights. I have flashing breaklights but not that bright. They are subtle and that is all I want. Nothing overpowering and to me that is way overboard. But as been said before TMO.

Quick Reply: Flashing Headlight - my opinion