Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Headlight - my opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
that was a moronic response
Not sure how far back in the thread that response was, but a few of us were making this a joke-thread for a while with sarcastic over the top responses. Pretty sure the thread has tamed some since then.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:50 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Flashing headlight...GRRRRRR

Makes me wanna punch his lights out.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of Harley was it?

The way the stock FXSTC headlight bounces around, it probably looks like I have a modulator. It does get attention of drivers, anyhow. Or so they've told me repeatedly...

Old 11-04-2010, 06:10 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
Oh, sure, the government "always" makes reasoned and prudent decisions!!

So, just because "you've" never seen such reactions, it's not possible that Lowcountry Joe or anyone else has either?? You're not showing any "proof" of your point of view either. You're just stating your opinion based on personal experience as was Joe. It is what it is and that's Ok!

For me personally, and this us just MY opinion too, I'm not a fan of headlight modulators. I imagine that, like loud pipes, there are times when they make a difference but there are way more times when they just aggravate people beyond what's necessary. I admit that the headlight modulators help the bike stand out in a crowd when they're coming at you but as many have testified to in this thread, when they're behind you in traffic, they get "very" obnoxious in a hurry. It's not something I'd consider putting on my bike.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.
the difference is my post is merely stating my opinion, and therefor i don't need any proof. his post was his opinion disguised as 'facts'......

Originally Posted by Glenn W
The tailgater HAD been the car in front of me. As I came up on him he pulled over on the shoulder like he though I was a cop and then zoomed up on me after I passed, beeping his horn and shaking his fist out the window.
well, like i said, i bet the guy being tailgated appreciated you taking the heat for him. so after the a**hole passed you again, did he go back to tailgating that same dude?

Last edited by skratch; 11-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
FLHTom1948
Cruiser

I doubt a flashing taillight would prevent getting rear-ended by a drunk; may be worth a try, 'tho. I didn't know the flashing headlight thing was so effective, will i be an ******* if i try it?... anything to stay alive!! (hate those in the opposite direction turning left into me: instant death). Loud pipes into an open car window can startle the **** out of someone (we split lanes in California), just sayin'! Probably more annoying than a headlight, imho.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM
FLHTom1948
Cruiser
Talking Modulators

Is there a way, as mentioned by someone else, to turn it on and off? I would like to connect it to my red and blue lights and siren, and rig up an ejection seat with parachute, for last ditch emergencies, of course. Oh, and the machine gun in the Nightrider fairing, i want that, too. (just TRY turning left in front of me)

Old 11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTom1948
Is there a way, as mentioned by someone else, to turn it on and off? I would like to connect it to my red and blue lights and siren, and rig up an ejection seat with parachute, for last ditch emergencies, of course. Oh, and the machine gun in the Nightrider fairing, i want that, too. (just TRY turning left in front of me)
Yes, you can turn it off - just switch the collision-avoidance radar to STANDBY and deploy the runway foam.....

Old 11-04-2010, 07:50 PM
lowleveldriver
Tourer

Originally Posted by O.F.
Flashing headlights....nothin' a baseball bat won't cure.
I would invite someone to put a baseball bat to my headlight, that would be the last swing he ever thought about. It's great to see 23 pages of dialogue over a modulator, it's annoying then I guess it did it's job. What's more annoying? a flashing headlight, or a 17 year old girl texting and driving behind you?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:01 AM
gwvulcan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowleveldriver
I would invite someone to put a baseball bat to my headlight, that would be the last swing he ever thought about. It's great to see 23 pages of dialogue over a modulator, it's annoying then I guess it did it's job. What's more annoying? a flashing headlight, or a 17 year old girl texting and driving behind you?
Now I am confused..Besides your puffed out chest posturing. Why would it be "his" last swing. If he has the baseball bat odds are he would pop you on the side of the head to...Now you wouldn't have a headlight and would would have nice shiner on your head....Guess you would have made a great point. With your broken light and skull.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
the difference is my post is merely stating my opinion, and therefor i don't need any proof. his post was his opinion disguised as 'facts'......

well, like i said, i bet the guy being tailgated appreciated you taking the heat for him. so after the a**hole passed you again, did he go back to tailgating that same dude?
And as I said, you seem to read things I didn't write. There were only two vehicles involved, him & me

Quick Reply: Flashing Headlight - my opinion