Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Headlight - my opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by socalmoe
I have one on my three bikes, I don't care if YOU like it. I am willing to bet that those who are against it and or say that they are RUBS, GW's, etc, are the same ******** who ride with the minimum of safety gear and believe that "loud pipes save lives". Any safety related item for a bike should be considered.
Nothing says "look at me" more than loud pipes and sleeveless t-shirts and a coconut shell for a helmet.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:42 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

if you want your harley to look like one of the jeep styled gs 1200 beemers, then go for the flashing headlight. imagine you're driving your truck or car down the highway and some a-hole following you keeps flashing their brights at you for miles at night. it'd irritate me enough to where we'd likely have a discussion that could get messy.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:03 AM
gwvulcan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For all of those that consider a flashing light a safety feature, where in the hell did you learn that! Defense driving is a safety feature. A padded leather jacket and kevlar pants are only for the voices in your head, they will do absolutely nothing if you lay the bike down. Last I checked a flashing light didn't make anyone a better or worse driver, but if you do a quick search of this post most the people with flashing lights talk about 4-5 instances a year where they were almost in an accident. That is a rider skill issue and no amount of blinking lights is going to save your **** if you can't ride in a safe manner. I guess each there own and eventually Darwin will win out, that will be the only way to tell if the modulators actually work! Until then I have to put on my flip-flops and sleeveless shirt, IT's TIME TO RIDE!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:15 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
That is freaking hilarious man!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
if you want your harley to look like one of the jeep styled gs 1200 beemers, then go for the flashing headlight. imagine you're driving your truck or car down the highway and some a-hole following you keeps flashing their brights at you for miles at night. it'd irritate me enough to where we'd likely have a discussion that could get messy.
There's the real Harley answer right there! "If you want your Harley to LOOK.....". It's all about image, isn't it?

P.S.- Modulators have an electric eye and don't work at night. So, you shouldn't have to worry about having any "messy" discussions.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by gwvulcan
For all of those that consider a flashing light a safety feature, where in the hell did you learn that! Defense driving is a safety feature. A padded leather jacket and kevlar pants are only for the voices in your head, they will do absolutely nothing if you lay the bike down. Last I checked a flashing light didn't make anyone a better or worse driver, but if you do a quick search of this post most the people with flashing lights talk about 4-5 instances a year where they were almost in an accident. That is a rider skill issue and no amount of blinking lights is going to save your **** if you can't ride in a safe manner. I guess each there own and eventually Darwin will win out, that will be the only way to tell if the modulators actually work! Until then I have to put on my flip-flops and sleeveless shirt, IT's TIME TO RIDE!
Another educated comment.
"A padded leather jacket and kevlar pants are only for the voices in your head, they will do absolutely nothing if you lay the bike down."
I guess a helmet is for the "voices" in your head too?
Unbelievable!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Another educated comment.
"A padded leather jacket and kevlar pants are only for the voices in your head, they will do absolutely nothing if you lay the bike down."
I guess a helmet is for the "voices" in your head too?
Unbelievable!
Broadside a car. Same result, with or without. Less road rash for the mortician to put make-up on.

There's the real Harley answer right there! "If you want your Harley to LOOK.....". It's all about image, isn't it?

P.S.- Modulators have an electric eye and don't work at night. So, you shouldn't have to worry about having any "messy" discussions.
Image is important, but the Dorks don't seem to have picked up on that aspect of life.

Modulators are just as annoying in the daylight. So the "discussions" can still take place. That or a small hammer at the next rest area. "Boink!"

"Oh look, no more Blinkie,...."

♪ ♫ "Bang - Bang, Maxwell's silver hammer came down,......." ♫ ♪

Fess up guys,... it's all about bragging rights, ain't it?

"My light blinks!",...... "I am bullet proof now!"

Old 10-22-2010, 09:16 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Broadside a car. Same result, with or without. Less road rash for the mortician to put make-up on.

Image is important, but the Dorks don't seem to have picked up on that aspect of life.

Modulators are just as annoying in the daylight. So the "discussions" can still take place. That or a small hammer at the next rest area. "Boink!"

"Oh look, no more Blinkie,...."

♪ ♫ "Bang - Bang, Maxwell's silver hammer came down,......." ♫ ♪

Fess up guys,... it's all about bragging rights, ain't it?

"My light blinks!",...... "I am bullet proof now!"
Another educated genius?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Another educated genius?
Thank you. You're too kind.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:54 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they are annoying but do not fault anyone for having one on their scoot. If I notice them enough to think they are annoying then I guess they are performing as advertised, they have got my attention.

Quick Reply: Flashing Headlight - my opinion