Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield mounted Boom Audio Speakers for Road King

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011 | 10:59 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the bar mounted ones and have no problem hearing them up to 70mph without my windshield on. I think they sound really good, except songs with a lot of bass, but that would be an easy fix by turing the bass down on my iPod.

The only thing I didn't like was feeling the music through the bars, but after awhile you get use to it.

Old 08-07-2011 | 10:11 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member

the windshield system will absolutely be my next purchase

Old 08-08-2011 | 02:48 AM
JS999R
Cruiser

Seems there is a difference of opinion between the windshield set up and the handlebar set up. Windshield getting good reviews, handlebar not so. Are they the same specs? I can't do the preferred windshield because I have a mini tach and since the handlebar speakers are so-so, I'll have to look for other options. Maybe there is a Road Glide in my future afterall.

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:39 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JS999R
Seems there is a difference of opinion between the windshield set up and the handlebar set up. Windshield getting good reviews, handlebar not so. Are they the same specs? I can't do the preferred windshield because I have a mini tach and since the handlebar speakers are so-so, I'll have to look for other options. Maybe there is a Road Glide in my future afterall.
I love my handlebar ones. It seems the complaints for the handlebar ones are people running them without shields.

PS, I run without a windshield unless on a couple day trip and I still love them and would spend the money again.

Old 08-18-2011 | 10:38 PM
TReaper
Cruiser

Check out this video of my Boom audio system that my son-n-law installed for while Im here in Iraq. Cant wait to listen to it in a few weeks when Im home on R & R.

http://youtu.be/lxpOTBXnuIw

Old 10-31-2011 | 06:59 PM
jameswd
Stage III

Any chance you still have that install pdf on boom audio...if so would you email it to me....address under my profile.....Thanks...

Old 07-14-2012 | 06:01 AM
bigaljoker1955
Stage I

Ok I have the boom speakers (windshield mount) does anybody have a 2 pouch windshield bag mounted also?? I have one on order and will be in on monday, looking @ the way it is mounted I am thinking I will need to loosen up the windshield screws and place the pouch between the windshield and the windshield mount and place the boom speakers where they would normally mount so the lip of the speak housing catches the mount on the inside of the windshield and use longer screws when I put it together, anybody have a set up like this or know of any one that does?? Thanks again, Allen (Bike is a 2006 Heritage with a stock clip on windshield)

Last edited by bigaljoker1955; 07-14-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-14-2012 | 06:27 AM
north texas harley
Advanced

They do look great ,,,, I hooked up my Ipod to see the harley unit work at the daelership and it sounded pretty good.. I have tried the shark unit and the MH instrutments and I didnt care for those.. I currently looking at the unit by Motorcycle sounds in abilene Texas.. They say thier model is for bikes with load pipes. I let you know more as i test them. http://www.motorcycletunes.com/

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:44 AM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain

This is on my birthday list (the only thing on the list) for July 20.....

(If the fam don't get it for me....I will anyway)

Got a couple questions....

The screw heads that show through the windshield....thats underneath the windshield right....no hole drilling needed?

How hard would it be to change from one windshield to another?

Also...the Ipod holder comes with it? Does it rub the tank paint any?

thanks much!!

BTW: Great thread!

Old 07-14-2012 | 08:19 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard

delet

Quick Reply: Windshield mounted Boom Audio Speakers for Road King