Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield mounted Boom Audio Speakers for Road King

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011 | 08:44 PM
hedgehog1
Cruiser

Wondering if anyone who has listened to these while wearing a full face helmet? If so, were they loud enough to still hear over pipes? Trying to decide between these and J&M Mhas handle bar mounts. Thanks

Old 04-19-2011 | 12:18 PM
D'Artagnan
Advanced

This may be a silly question, but does the volume adjust up and down automatically depending on your speed like on the Street Glide or does the volume remain static?

Old 04-19-2011 | 05:12 PM
BowaHolic
Cruiser

the volume is manual...

Old 04-29-2011 | 06:14 PM
Scooch
Stage I
Default Can you also do me a favor....

Originally Posted by Sandtrap
CrazyBoom,

I have the instructions saved to a PDF which exceeds the forums upload size limitations.
Let me know if you'd likfe for me to email the file to you.

If you could possible share the pdf file with me as well I would be grateful. I just purchased the unit "opened but new" but it arrived without instructions.

BTW - very nice bike - thanks for sharing the youtube video!

Old 04-29-2011 | 07:02 PM
BowaHolic
Cruiser

I have the instructions as well...with a brand new in the box system that I would love to sell! It will not fit on my 2001 RK Classic...
Bob
SOLD to a great Forum member!
thanks!

Last edited by BowaHolic; 05-05-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: sold
Old 05-07-2011 | 08:57 AM
ttmcfarland
6th Gear

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I installed a set yesterday on a buddies fatboy. Pretty easy install but we did have to make some changes to get it to fit on the fatboy windshield and to be able to fit with his street slammer bars. Didn't need to remove tank, just threaded the wires with the tank still on. We couldn't internally wire the volume switches because there's no way to take the wire apart from the amp and the switch with out cutting wires or opening the volume switch but it still looks OK. The bracket on the speakers are removable so we took it off and were able to thread one of the bracket holes to be able to screw the center windshield screw into the speaker so it's attached and then the street slammers hold the bottom of the speaks to they are not going anywhere. The way we installed it the windshield is still detachable. My buddy already had the tank pouch that installs between the seat and tank so we ran the ipod cable under his speedo so he can connect and leave his ipod in that tank pouch, he will have to use the shuffle or just let it play. I wasn't to impressed with the over all sound, he has V&H big radius pipes and they drown the speakers pretty bad. I'm sure at highway speeds he will not be able to hear them to well but we have not been able to try them out yet. I'll get some pics when we go to try them out, sorry to post without the pics!
Could you email me a couple pics my email is on page five and I had the dealer try to put the winshield mount on, but they claim it didnt fit. Should have made it work my self but would appreciate picutres to know if i can.

Old 06-13-2011 | 08:51 PM
ttmcfarland
6th Gear

Originally Posted by BowaHolic
If you find out this system will work, let me know...it took me nearly a month to get mine and it will not work with the big "locomotive" Nacelle I have on my'01 Classic... all I did was take the speakers out of the box and I found that it wouldn't work, so I put it back in the box. They list for $399 plus tax and shipping... I would mail it Priority Mail insured for $335...paypal OK. I hate it, but I will have to go handlebar mounted speakers...
Bob
chickenmafiaster@gmail.com
Sorry I must have miss placed your email and hopefully you get this, but I was wondering if you still had your boom audio system and if you still had not purchased your handlebar mounted speakers? If so I purchased a set of handlebar mounted ones, but now believe with switching windshields with my dad I can use the windshield mounted speakers, my speakers have been on my bike but not used much so if you are interested in just a simple trade....speaker for speaker let me know.

thanks...

Old 06-20-2011 | 04:07 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Default Iphone App

Originally Posted by D'Artagnan
This may be a silly question, but does the volume adjust up and down automatically depending on your speed like on the Street Glide or does the volume remain static?
I got a $0.99 application from the App Store that does that for you.

Old 06-20-2011 | 06:25 PM
ttmcfarland
6th Gear

I am pretty new and do not know how to start a threat so I will just put it out on here that I am looking to as I said above buy just the windshield mounted speaker part of the system. I have the handlebar mounts and will not only exchange, but pay a slight difference because mine are about a month old. If anyone has the system or knows of one for sale, or even wants to explain how to start a threat I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Old 06-20-2011 | 08:09 PM
Sandtrap
6th Gear
Default Boom Audio Windshield Mounted Speaker and Amp Kit(Youtube Video Part 2)

Here's a new video. I'm not totally impressed with the quality of VIDEO sound. I was encourage by another forum member to post the video. I may not have and the volume turned up enough on the input source. I did not have a problem hearing the music on this ride. I'm going to create another video soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejWC9TfhD00

Quick Reply: Windshield mounted Boom Audio Speakers for Road King