Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield mounted Boom Audio Speakers for Road King

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011 | 11:14 PM
BowaHolic
Cruiser

well I ordered and paid for mine 3/07 and they are still not here...great price but they must be hard to get...I did get an e-mail 2 days ago saying that they got them in for shipment but the tracking number still says they have not shipped...maybe tomorrow. I took the advice on here for the best price, so I guess a little wait to save some money is OK...but I sure want to try them out soon...
Bob

Old 03-26-2011 | 09:58 AM
capecoder
Stage III

Originally Posted by Sandtrap
CrazyBoom,

I have the instructions saved to a PDF which exceeds the forums upload size limitations.
Let me know if you'd likfe for me to email the file to you.
I would appreciate it if you could send me the Pdf.
Thanks!

capecoder@comcast.net

Old 04-04-2011 | 04:00 PM
ttmcfarland
6th Gear
Default Dimensions?

I want to put the winshield mounted system on my new fatboy but have high risers. Can anyone tell me the exact dimensions of the unit mainly how far it sticks out from the windshield?

Old 04-04-2011 | 07:24 PM
BowaHolic
Cruiser

If you find out this system will work, let me know...it took me nearly a month to get mine and it will not work with the big "locomotive" Nacelle I have on my'01 Classic... all I did was take the speakers out of the box and I found that it wouldn't work, so I put it back in the box. They list for $399 plus tax and shipping... I would mail it Priority Mail insured for $335...paypal OK. I hate it, but I will have to go handlebar mounted speakers...
Bob
chickenmafiaster@gmail.com

Old 04-04-2011 | 09:58 PM
ttmcfarland
6th Gear

I can't get to a dealer for a couple weeks at the earliest so would you mind giving me some measurements? If it does fit I will contact you about purchasing your system. Sorry you have to go with handlebar mounted.

Old 04-04-2011 | 10:03 PM
BowaHolic
Cruiser

it was a pain getting it all back in the box, but I will help if I can. I can't put the speakers on the windsheild to measure because they hit the Nacelle. The speakers are shaped just like my HD windshield bag but they are just enough bigger that they will not work. Just let me know what to measure...I have taken tomorrow off work so I can take pics or measure whatever you need. A dealer might know if asked...
Bob

Old 04-05-2011 | 11:02 AM
ttmcfarland
6th Gear

I have the right style windshield so the width is not a concern, but if you could measure from the back that would touch the windshield to the point on the chrome trim where it sticks out the farthest that would be about all I need. Also maybe the distance from the nut holes to the bottom of the system. Thanks for the help, and I will call a dealer today too..

Old 04-05-2011 | 12:28 PM
BowaHolic
Cruiser

looks like a hair over 4" in thickness. I took some pics if you give me your e-mail address I will send you pics with a tape measure in them...
thanks!
Bob
chickenmafiaster@gmail.com

Old 04-05-2011 | 03:25 PM
ttmcfarland
6th Gear

thane_mc00@hotmail.com is my email. Thanks again.

Old 04-06-2011 | 01:02 PM
loverofBIGtwins
Cruiser

have any of you guys tried hooking up the harley xm reciever to the boom windshield mount? im having some trouble hooking it up right....any help would be great

Quick Reply: Windshield mounted Boom Audio Speakers for Road King