Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hats off to Custom Engraving Ltd.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Defy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old thread but any one know how to get parts from Tim at Custom Engraving???? I ordered mine in Feb and still have nothing and he won't answer my calls.....

Old 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Captain Adventure
Stage II

I ordered a timer cover July 2, 2011. His website says 5 weeks. I started calling after 6 weeks. Someone always answers but no one can give me any info except Mr. Treacy. He has answered several times in my numerous calls and he is very nice on the phone. He always nicely tells me it is coming "next week" but it never does. He once told me something about he was waiting on a shipment to arrive. The last call he said he "thought" it was in some items just coming from the chrome shop. Like someone said earlier, I can understand busy and don't even mind waiting for quality work, but it is not a good business practice to create expectations through advertising that you can't follow up on. As a business owner, he should know with all the ripoffs in the world, running a business this way is bound to give him a bad reputation. I plan to call him one more time and try to get an honest answer before I file a complaint with the Wisconsin BBB and post a review online.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:00 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Captain Adventure
I ordered a timer cover July 2, 2011. His website says 5 weeks. I started calling after 6 weeks. Someone always answers but no one can give me any info except Mr. Treacy. He has answered several times in my numerous calls and he is very nice on the phone. He always nicely tells me it is coming "next week" but it never does. He once told me something about he was waiting on a shipment to arrive. The last call he said he "thought" it was in some items just coming from the chrome shop. Like someone said earlier, I can understand busy and don't even mind waiting for quality work, but it is not a good business practice to create expectations through advertising that you can't follow up on. As a business owner, he should know with all the ripoffs in the world, running a business this way is bound to give him a bad reputation. I plan to call him one more time and try to get an honest answer before I file a complaint with the Wisconsin BBB and post a review online.
I've had similar issues with him trying to order a matching timing cover for the derby cover he made me.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Invictys
Cruiser

That's too bad his customer service is so terrible.

He lost my business for sure. I'm not going to jump through hoops to do business with someone.

Hopefully he gets his sh** together but I fear his reputation will suffer in the meantime

Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Invictys
That's too bad his customer service is so terrible.

He lost my business for sure. I'm not going to jump through hoops to do business with someone.

Hopefully he gets his sh** together but I fear his reputation will suffer in the meantime
It really is a shame. He does damn good work and if he got his act together business-wise, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
bogieb
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I sent him an email about a design I wanted about 6 weeks ago. It took him a week to respond, but had a really good excuse (Sturgis). He responded to subsequent emails very quickly. I ordered the design about 5 weeks ago. Sure hope I have better luck than you did!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Captain Adventure
Stage II
Default Custom-Engraving LTD

I finally received the timer cover that I ordered on July 2. I received it on October 31. I spoke with Tim and he was very nice and thanked me for waiting. It is very good quality. I certainly hope that he improves on his business processes. He needs to provide the service in his own advertised timeframe. Telling you on his website it takes 5 weeks but in reality takes 15 weeks is not a good practice for establishing and building a quality business.

Attached Thumbnails Hats off to Custom Engraving Ltd.-hdforumphoto.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Joker_Hal
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Strongly advise against using Custom Engraving Ltd

Don't use this company, find another....

The website for Custom Engraving Ltd states orders take 5 weeks to complete an order. I placed 2 orders; one straight engraving, no color, the other with color. They took over 4 months. When I placed the order we agreed to use the artwork that I would provide. Later he took the art work I submitted, sent it to his artist, then charged me artist fees without letting me know beforehand. Over the 4 months, I sent several emails complaining about their inability to communicate with me. When they did complete both orders, the owner took it upon himself to change the colors on one order, once again without letting us know. I never did get a realistic explanation for why it took so long to complete my two orders.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Joker_Hal
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally received the timer cover that I ordered on July 2. I received it on October 31. I spoke with Tim and he was very nice and thanked me for waiting. It is very good quality. I certainly hope that he improves on his business processes. He needs to provide the service in his own advertised timeframe. Telling you on his website it takes 5 weeks but in reality takes 15 weeks is not a good practice for establishing and building a quality business.
It took me 4 months to get my order, and even then they had changed the colors that was in the example I had sent to them.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

I've been looking for a place that does this.
Thanks for the link.

Quick Reply: Hats off to Custom Engraving Ltd.