Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Portable Winter Bike Shelter

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts
Default Portable Winter Bike Shelter

Anyone use a portable, outdoor bike shelter similar to the one The Bike Barn sells? See link below...

http://www.thebikebarn.net/tourermodel.html

Please provide pluses, minuses and cost. Also how easy/hard is it to setup and take down...thanks for any/all responses in advance!

Brad

Old 10-15-2010, 10:08 AM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one and I am VERY happy with it. Quality is good and setup is easy. Recommend

Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

I use a Cycle Shell. It gets used daily since I do not have a garage. It has it's own floor and I lag bolted it to the ground. Plus it is made in the good old USA.

Checkout www.cycleshell.com

Cale

Old 10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
I use a Cycle Shell. It gets used daily since I do not have a garage. It has it's own floor and I lag bolted it to the ground. Plus it is made in the good old USA.

Checkout www.cycleshell.com

Cale
Thanks Cale...I'll check it out...how long have you been using it? Does it have to be purchased thru Cycle Shell only? Thx again...

Brad

Last edited by bradsULtd; 10-15-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bradsULtd
Thanks Cale...I'll check it out...how long have you been using it? Does it have to be purchased thru Cycle Shell only? Thx again...

Brad
I have had it for a year. I had a Honda Shadow, luckily I am one that likes to buy big. I bought the touring shell. Now I have an Ultra Classic, so it worked out for me. I am not sure if it has to be purchased through Cycleshell, but it is big enough that it cannot be shipped via USPS. Which was a pain for me. I am living oversea, so I had a friend that was moving overseas, we had a bulk order (10) shipped to him, then we received them when his household goods arrived in theater. The guy was nice, knocked $50 off each shell. They are well made, the seams are sealed (like my tent). The frame takes a beating like no other, I have come home to find the neighborhood kids (including my own) playing house in it, but it has held up well. I wash it once every 3 months and my neighbor throws some car wax on it for me (he has one also) to keep the material looking good. What is nice also, the "floor is about an inch thick, so when it rains, it is high enough to not allow water in. Like I said, I love it, best $425 I have spent.

Cale

Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had the Bike Barn for two years, since I don't have a garage. It has been through snow storms ,60 mph winds, rain, you name it and still holding. I set it up in the fenced in part of my drive way and bolted the cross bar into the concrete. It isn't going anywhere. The only thing I didn't like were the cheap plastic closure buckles. I replaced those with leather, and no more problems keeping it locked in place. One of my better buys.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:12 PM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

I have a Bike Barn that I use year round. Have had it for two years. No serious cold temps, or snow to worry about here, but it has withstood serious rain, wind, and sun. Has held up well. Had some issues with wrong/ missing parts when I bought it, but the mfg shipped out the correct ones quickly. It has mildewed a bit on the inside, and the velcro flaps don't hold as well as they used to, but you will probably keep yours down. The only other complaint is that with teher not being a floor, debris collects inside (leaves, and such), and I have to clean it out from time to time. I have also installed a solar battery tender to keep it charged.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:23 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!

Not sure which way I want to go as yet, but sorta leaning toward the Cycle Shell...it seems quite a bit more portable, lighter and easier to set up/take down...thanks again...