Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall Frame 09 10 11

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 PM
thecort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Office of Defects Investigation (ODI)

Recalls - Search Results

1 Record(s) Displayed.
Report Date : October 16, 2010 at 06:14 PM
Search Type : VEHICLE
Make: H-D
Model or Model No.: FLHX
Model Year: 2010

Manufacturer: HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTOR COMPANY
Mfr's Report Date: NOV 25, 2009
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V457000 N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY:MOUNTINGPotential Number of Units Affected: 111569
Summary:
HARLEY-DAVIDSON IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2009 AND 2010 TOURING FAMILY MOTORCYCLES, INCLUDING CVO TOURING AND TRIKE PRODUCTS, MANUFACTURED FROM JUNE 6, 2008 THROUGH NOVEMBER 19, 2009. THE FRONT FUEL TANK MOUNTS MAY DISTORT IN REACTION TO SEVERE FRAME DAMAGE FROM A FRONTAL COLLISION. THIS CONDITION MAY CAUSE A FUEL LEAK AT THE WELD OF THE FRONT BRACKET TO THE TUNNEL.Consequence:
A FUEL LEAK IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE MAY RESULT IN A FIRE, WHICH COULD LEAD TO INJURY OR DEATH TO THE RIDER.Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSTALL A LEFT AND RIGHT BRACE, WHICH ARE INTENDED TO REDUCE FRONT MOUNT DISTORTION DURING CERTAIN CRASH CONDITIONS. THIS REPAIR WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON DECEMBER 11, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HARLEY-DAVIDSON AT 1-414-343-4056.Notes:
OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

Last edited by thecort; 10-16-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:09 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
450 posts and a member since '07 and he's a troll? Wow. Must be some personal history between you guys.
nah I just remeber his old threads about his frame MAYBE being messed up and about wanting to meet people in sturgis to settle indifferences but once again I'm the bad guy...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ml#post7419268

Old 10-16-2010, 06:19 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
what does your post have to do with what the op asked? I answered his question,,no recalls on frame for 09-11 except tank mounts on 09's, LP you have been following me around for years harrassing and trying to get me banned, so if you want forward this to Terry, I don't bother Terry at all, I'm sure he has bigger things to deal with. wow once again I feel threatened LOL
Trying to get you banned? Thats a laugh. Stop being so paranoid.
If there is any banning to be done, you'll do it to yourself hero.

Yeah Leo. You're the good guy.

So how is your Road Glide coming along?

lp

Old 10-16-2010, 07:41 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
nah I just remeber his old threads about his frame MAYBE being messed up and about wanting to meet people in sturgis to settle indifferences but once again I'm the bad guy...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ml#post7419268
Never said you were a bad guy, just thought it was funny calling a guy a troll that's been here going on 4 years and has made over 400 posts. My observation said that there must be some history between you guys was all, and apparently I was right. Thanks for the link, quit comical.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:17 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

450 posts and a member since '07 and he's a troll? Wow. Must be some personal history between you guys.
Please read the past post, I think that will shed some light to the lunacy. Track just hate HD and would like as much as he can get for free.

Originally Posted by lp
Every thread you enter goes to crap the moment you post. We try to make this place civil. You use the members here as your personal punching bag. People are tired of your crap hoss.

Smile and say something sassy and go ahead and forward it to Terry yourself and save me the trouble.

lp
WFT read the past posts, sooner or later he will the the Harley Davidson area 51 conspiracy, until we have to read the frame troll posts.

Last edited by leicafish; 10-16-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002FLSTFBAGGER
FYI
"Hey,

I just bought a 2010 SEUC and went in to the dealer for my 1K service, plus Monster Ovals, RT, and H-D Heavy Breather. Well what do you know--they couldn't change the trans fluid because the factory welded the cross-member in the wrong location! Now, they say I need a frame swap from the factory . . . are you kidding me??

Anybody else had this happen or know about it? Holy crap."
That's nuts. I'd do the frame swap so they take a good look at your bike and see if anything else was messed up.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't want some tech taking my bike completely apart. Things will be missed, scratches could appear that they insist were there when u dropped it off. Not worth it IMO.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:14 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Frame replacement pays 16 hours on a touring bike. It's really not that big a job and if you think about it, it re-assembled by an individual, hand built. There is bound to be less error in a hand built bike than one assembled on an assembly line. Some of you guys are a little rough on harley techs, believe it or not there are some really competant and capable ones out there. The dealers that don't want to pay the techs are decent money are the ones you have to be leary of. and tech worth there weight wouldn't work for change. Just like in any industry.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Frame replacement pays 16 hours on a touring bike. It's really not that big a job and if you think about it, it re-assembled by an individual, hand built.
Exactly, and look at all the custom bikes that are built from a bare frame. These bikes are pretty modular anyway. Anytime your bike (or car, truck, etc) goes in the shop for repair work, it's put back together by hand. Brakes, transmission, suspension, etc, etc. If you can't ride a bike that's been repaired for fear of it falling apart underneath you, you shouldn't be riding.

And I sure don't understand why it's necessarily preferable to have a bike assembled by a line worker rather than a trained, certified mechanic.

I've taken a couple of bikes (and my hotrod '56 chev) down to the frame. It only seems like a big deal to someone who's never done it before.

Last edited by Mike; 10-17-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:47 PM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Exactly, and look at all the custom bikes that are built from a bare frame. These bikes are pretty modular anyway. Anytime your bike (or car, truck, etc) goes in the shop for repair work, it's put back together by hand. Brakes, transmission, suspension, etc, etc. If you can't ride a bike that's been repaired for fear of it falling apart underneath you, you shouldn't be riding.

And I sure don't understand why it's necessarily preferable to have a bike assembled by a line worker rather than a trained, certified mechanic.

I've taken a couple of bikes (and my hotrod '56 chev) down to the frame. It only seems like a big deal to someone who's never done it before.
Hell, I can take the bike down to the frame. It's the gettin it back together that scares me. LOL.

spiz

Quick Reply: Recall Frame 09 10 11