Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated grips vs. heated gloves

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Marine Trader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Heated grips will give you heat as long as they work but not all around your fingers will the gloves. If this were a vote I wold go for the Gerbing. And the add ons can't be beat.
Ditto...

Old 10-14-2010, 02:26 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

I have Gerbings battery powered gloves. Work very nice and the battery lasts a while. Two hours at 180 deg. or 8 hours at 130 I think. Rechargable.........

Old 10-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MTGlide
I have heated grips and will probably get some heated gloves soon. The grips are good until around 40 degrees. I'm hoping that gloves will make riding more comfortable when it's below 40.
Normal gloves work fine for me to lower temps than that. I have a pair of Widder heated gloves that I don't use at all because I find them awkward to put on (running the wires down my sleeves when I gear up. Maybe if I had the vest/jacket liner to go with them it would be different.

probably going to list my gloves here next week since I haven't used them the last 2 winters...

Old 10-14-2010, 02:47 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Where do you guys buy the heated gloves?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:14 PM
jamesw
Road Warrior
Received 746 Likes on 277 Posts

Grand Prix Motorsports, , Colorado, Denver, Littleton, Yamaha Kawasaki Polaris Suzuki Victory Schwinn, Dealer, ATVs and Snowmobiles
has a coupon code that gives 20% their products which includes Gerbing stuff. The code is "sharewarm"

My wife used some borrowed heated gear 2 weekends ago when we rode up to LaCrosse, WI and thought it was the greatest stuff since sliced bread.

20% off can save some coin, and the stuff is a bit pricey. My wife wound up getting the jacket liner, and the T5 gloves. Saved $73 bucks!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the great replies! What are the best non Harley heated grips?

Old 10-14-2010, 09:08 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Heat Demons seem to be really good. My Harley grips lasted four years, with intermittent use. We have a local dealer with a Heat Demons display that they never turn off---it's been heating for years on their counter.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
thecort
Road Captain

I have the gloves & they're awesome. If the heated grips, on a bike, work as well as heated grips on a snowmobile then I would say get the grips & ride with thin lined gloves (I've never used heated grips on a bike). I personally use a pair of Harley's FXRG leather gloves when I ride the snowmobile (25 degrees!) & my hands stay warm to hot the whole day!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:13 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesw
Grand Prix Motorsports, , Colorado, Denver, Littleton, Yamaha Kawasaki Polaris Suzuki Victory Schwinn, Dealer, ATVs and Snowmobiles
has a coupon code that gives 20% their products which includes Gerbing stuff. The code is "sharewarm"

My wife used some borrowed heated gear 2 weekends ago when we rode up to LaCrosse, WI and thought it was the greatest stuff since sliced bread.

20% off can save some coin, and the stuff is a bit pricey. My wife wound up getting the jacket liner, and the T5 gloves. Saved $73 bucks!
I bought my Gerbings from them last year; great price but it took forever to get the gloves. make sure you call to see whats in stock first. Despite the time delay I'll probably order from them again.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:02 AM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

I have the HD heated gloves and jacket liner and have not been cold riding yet. I have been out when it is below freezing and riding on the interstate with no problems. The gloves are a bit bulky but work just fine. I didnt know about Gerbings til after I bought the HD version, but have heard good things about them.

Quick Reply: Heated grips vs. heated gloves