Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodby, wide white walls

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:01 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by electra glide
Let me get this right, you so far have gotten 47,000 out of that front tire, and are now riding around w/ 2 different tires, 1 white, 1 black because you wanna squeeze a few more thousand miles out of the front, which you've already gotten 47,000 out of. Wow. There's a fine line between thrifty and tight wad, you may be crossing it my brother. Just sayin.
Tide wad maybe ... but having a hard time paying the bills. Had 200 I could squeeze out to replace that bald back tire. The front will have to wait for another paycheck. Tough living paycheck to paycheck .. just sayin.
Oh yeah, could have saved a few bucks if I took the tire off myself, but the rear is an awful pain in the ***,

cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Let me get this right, you so far have gotten 47,000 out of that front tire, and are now riding around w/ 2 different tires, 1 white, 1 black because you wanna squeeze a few more thousand miles out of the front, which you've already gotten 47,000 out of. Wow. There's a fine line between thrifty and tight wad, you may be crossing it my brother. Just sayin.
Tide wad maybe ... but having a hard time paying the bills. Had 200 I could squeeze out to replace that bald back tire. The front will have to wait for another paycheck. Tough living paycheck to paycheck .. just sayin.
Oh yeah, could have saved a few bucks if I took the tire off myself, but the rear is an awful pain in the ***, did

cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Oh yeah, could have saved a few bucks if I took the tire off myself, but the rear is an awful pain in the ***, did not

cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Oh yeah, could have saved a few bucks if I took the tire off myself, but the rear is an awful pain in the ***, did not want

cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Oh yeah, could have saved a few bucks if I took the tire off myself, but the rear is an awful pain in the ***, did not want to

cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Oh yeah, could have saved a few bucks if I took the tire off myself, but the rear is an awful pain in the ***, did not want to go

Old 10-15-2010, 09:03 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Damn, did my keyboard stick or something? ... geez.
Just upped my post count without even tryin'

Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
roadhog96
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't you guys heard the secret to keeping the WWW clean as well as the rims is to switch from the stock matalic brake shoes to a Kevlar type shoe. I've switched and rarely have to clean them now.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roadhog96
Haven't you guys heard the secret to keeping the WWW clean as well as the rims is to switch from the stock matalic brake shoes to a Kevlar type shoe. I've switched and rarely have to clean them now.
How old is your bike that it has brake SHOES ?????

Old 10-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know how you feel. Every time I have to wash mine, I say I'm going to change them until I see how cool it looks once its clean.

Quick Reply: Goodby, wide white walls