Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way for passenger to mount bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote of the Day!

Originally Posted by nemick
I also ensure that she is facing the front of the bike.
LMAOROTF

Old 10-13-2010, 11:50 AM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

I weigh almost 100 lbs. more than my wife, so it really doesn't matter to me. She always asks me if I am ready before she climbs on. I just let her climb on how it is easiest for her.

I always insist that she gets on and off the left side, that's the only constant I need to be prepared. It is strange though that she insists on the bike being up level to get on, but she wants it on the stand to get off.

I don't have a tour pak though, I am sure that would be more difficult than just the backrest.

Dennis

Old 10-13-2010, 12:02 PM
KingCripps
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I always mount first and then let her get off before I do. We have been doing it long enough that she always seems to get on and get off without problems. Communication is the key.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizdc

She should just get on the back of someone else's bike and make you chase her. LOL
Leave her at home a chase lizdc!!!!!

Just kidding.

As far as I know harley davidson is the only motorcycle made that has a kick stand that locks when the bike is on the side stand.

Hence My mounting dis-mounting proceedure.

Pull the bike out of the garrage and lined up down the drive way, put kick stand down and lean bike on stand. kill motor.

Wife asks ready. Give mount command (Get on Bitch ) left foot to left peg, left hand on my left shoulder, right had on back rest. Stand up on left peg swing leg through (this takes a min, she has very long legs) right foot on peg and sits down. (She states Bitch on)

Turn switch on, check nutural, check run switch, start, hoist & raise kick stand kickstand, go.

I know for a fact the the kick stand is stronger than I am so why not use it.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always get on first and use the kickstand and keep my hand locked on the front break. When she is ready I get a tap on my shoulder I start it up and off we go.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by trout31
I used to get on and put up the stand then tell her to climb up but every once in a while she will be too slow getting herself to center and I don't like the almost-gonna-tip-over feeling when that happens, so now I still hold it straight up but I leave the stand down so in case I lose it there is a pretty good chance the stand will save me. After she is settled its kickstand up till she signals for a bathroom stop.

Lately I am just so glad when my wife comes along that I don't even let myself get mad when she clips the top of the bags with her boot.
I bought the bras that go on the top of the saddlebags and that solved the scratches on the bags. She always asks if i am ready for her to get on or off.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
bob46371
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2009 FLHRC

I start the engine , jiffy stand up, get in position and my lady ask READY ? ( lets me know she is about to get on) I say yes , She mounts up..I ask SET ?( Gives her a chance to adjust her *** and other parts) yes....We both say GO.. Sounds childish but it gives both of us control............

Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
bigmack
Advanced

anyway is good as long as she dosnt scratch the lid on the side bags with her boot. i always get on first and make sure i have control of my 800 # bike. then she grabs my shoulders and climbs on.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get on first with bike running and in gear. She either swings her leg over or uses footpeg . Even if she surprises me and uses the footpeg when I'm not expecting it the bike is not that hard to hold. My wife is 5'10 and 135 and has long legs. I suppose if she were heavier it might get my attention more. We have ridden together so much that I know when she is ready and situated without any ready, set, go commands. She has logged a lot of miles with me and is a good passenger.
She gets off first while bike is still running and in gear. I then shift to neutral and shut it off. We never take a chance of her staying on bike if I am going to back in to a parking spot though. Just don't see the need. She always gets off before I back up.
With her on I also do not try any 'Ride Like a Pro' turns and see how short I can cut a circle. We just don't take a chance if turn is too tight.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Enforcer419
Cruiser

Good enough advice that I don't need to add anything. As a side note though: Only seen it mentioned a couple times about pulling in front brake. That is something that I do, not sure why if the bike is on flat surface and in gear. 2nd, +1 on communication. I tell her when I am ready for her to get on and get off. Last but not least...I might have to try the "Bitch On" and have her reply "Bitch On"....I'll let you all know how that works out.

Quick Reply: Best way for passenger to mount bike