Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide or Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Buy UC if not I see UC in future very soon that will help the HD even more.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,117 Likes on 22,587 Posts

Get the Ultra and then strip it down and get 12 inch shocks as opposed to the 13's.
It's a better deal than is the SG.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:02 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey if you like your wife you will get the Ultra if you do not like your wife riding with you you will get the S G ? You know when you go for a ride and she gets off the bike and says "I hate this RIDE" and then makes you miserable at home and then the bedroom Hi-Jinks ??? Come on you know it will happen !! LOL!! I would think that they are hard enough to talk to imagine making them more miserable ? ! OHHHHH !! Forget It .
I say U G but you could do the best and most loical way to figuire it out?
FLIP A COIN ! She can't blame you , the coin did it !!

Last edited by legendzzz; 10-13-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:03 PM
CLYDE60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I rode 530mi one day on vacation on my ultra 450mi was in the rain with the wife on back if I would have had a SG (no lowers) my wife would have beat me sinceless. LOL Seriously your decision go with what you feel the 103 is big!! Mine has the 110 there is know replacement for displacement.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:08 PM
EndOfDays
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How often is your wife really gonna ride (Street Glide). How cool do you wanna look? (Street Glide) I can't tell you what bike to get (Street Glide), I just know which bike is right for me(Street Glide). If you look closely(Street Glide) the answer is right in front of you (Street Glide).

Old 10-13-2010, 07:20 PM
chopperglide
Advanced

there is a reason the SG is the best selling bike "ever" with that said I am sometimes the one that will stray away from what everyone is doing, with that said, once I tried the 10 SG having rented a ultra 2x a year for the past few years I just had to have the SG, The ultra is great but SG with back rest and sundowner or reach seat and the passenger will be very happy!!!!!! so woll you there are times for the boat but face it we always end up in traffic, the ultra has a lot of bulk sometimes for comfortable, careless, nimble fun...

Old 10-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

My 2 cents:I always say get the bike that you're crazy about,the one you never get tired pf looking at.Fortunately for me I could say that about a SG or an Ultra....

I ride what I ride (An Ultra) because it extends my riding season here in Northern Illinois or wherever I'm traveling and I know that Tourpak's never coming off....Night time or crummy weather conditions etc I'll take those LED's and big Tail Lights on the back of the Tourpak every single time,learned that from all the times coming home late at night riding behind my friend's Ultras and the other bikes mixed in with 'em.

Really can't go wrong with either bike,get what you're in love with and everything else will take care of itself.

Last edited by Slash; 10-13-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:53 PM
carrotzilla
Advanced

Same bike. Get an Electra and strip to look like a street? Or get a street and build it to be an Electra? All these cats are telling you how to modify the bike they like to suit you. Get the one you like and screw the small amount of price difference. Regret will live in that garage. What next 'Zuki's? They are cheaper!

Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

short and sweet... SG with 103 package

Old 10-13-2010, 09:07 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This one depends on what your needs are. Do you need the extra space for storage that the Ultra gives you out of the box? Will you be riding two up frequently? Personally, for me, I would always take the bigger engine over the storage so this is a no brainer. Street Glide wins but that doesn't mean it's better than the Ultra...just more powerful...

Quick Reply: Street Glide or Ultra Classic