Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped the bike off today....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:42 AM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dropped the bike off today....

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

ORIGINAL: wnogood
I am interested to see what a 96" will do with a stage one on it.

nogood o~`o
A guy on another forum did the stage 1 to his '07, and he ended up with 82hp and 94 torque......and the biggest thing is that the AFR is right. Before his work, the AFR was between 15-18..........super lean.

Steve
At first glance, that seems to have alot of WOW factor......but when you consider the fact that it IS 96".....it seems more reasonable. That should give all these whining '07 owners something to turn a frown upside down over......

nogood o~`o

Old 09-16-2006, 01:29 AM
J Town
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NoGood,

Picking up the new '07 UC tomorrow. I've already purchased and am waiting on stage II 103 Big Bore kit and Screaming Eagle Pro Twin Cam Ported "HTCC" Heads. (in new '07 SE catalog). This with SERT and V&H pipes and I too should be 100/100!!!

"BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE"

Old 09-16-2006, 10:53 PM
wnogood
Banned

ORIGINAL: J Town

NoGood,

Picking up the new '07 UC tomorrow. I've already purchased and am waiting on stage II 103 Big Bore kit and Screaming Eagle Pro Twin Cam Ported "HTCC" Heads. (in new '07 SE catalog). This with SERT and V&H pipes and I too should be 100/100!!!

"BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE"

That should be a no-brainer! Congrats on the new bike, and dont forget to show it off here on the forum....

nogood o~`o

Old 09-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

wnogood - Your build sounds like it will hit your goal on paper. The real ? will be the heads. I'll throw a WAG out there: 101hp and 106 ft lbs. Good luck and post the numbers when your done.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:21 PM
ClinesSelect
Tourer

ORIGINAL: lp

Hope all the stuff is gonna be worth it. I mean my 07 will probably run all over it. I can say that, know why? Cause your probably like 3000 miles away and I can get away with it. Cause I'm not about to go **** off some guy that looks like Goldberg in person..

Just kidding. Be sure to let us know. I bet it's going to rock!
Can't wait until we can really get to tinkering with the 07's. Hope there will be some pretty good numbers...

Good luck

lp

I got through the first two sentences and immediately put a bag of popcorn in the microwave until I read the rest of your post. LOL

Good luck with the upgrade. That is gonna be one hell of ride when you are done.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:47 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain

Good luck with your upgrades. Only problem is every year the bike gets slower and slower (if ya know what I mean - once you get used to the 96 you'll want more)

Old 09-17-2006, 03:16 AM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

For my engine upgrade. I already have the TW6 cams. Will be installing 95" pistons and cylinders, My ported/polished/bigger valves heads, 300 cfm air cleaner, and a 50MM throttle body, complete with CVO injectors. The shop owner told me that it will take a week for him to do the initial break in. Several shorter, and increasingly longer heat cycles to gradually break in the new stuff. Also, the bike will be returned to me with a break in map. Nothing but full rich over 60% throttle. So.....even when I get it back, I will not know what my build does on the dyno other than some seat of the pants feel. No real numbers for 750-1,000 miles. But it's all good.....I guess I will be riding again maybe this time next week......

nogood o~`o

Damm!! Did I miss something?? A week for break in ?? Look at my sig and We did it in a days work then road it like I stole it... no problems so far. Is this normal, I mean a week?[:@] WTF

Old 09-17-2006, 04:07 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

wnogood, maybe you should check the mileage in and out, sounds like
the tech is going on tour at your expense... LOL...

(Just kidding)

congrads on your build... hope it works out ok..

Peace, Ride Safe, Always Wear a Helmet.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:57 AM
wnogood
Banned

The shop owner is one of those guys that is absolutely **** about break in. I have heard the procedure that he is describing, and it sounds like a good thing. Starts with a 30 second run, verify oil pressure and no unusual noise, then allow to return to room temperature. Then a 1 minute run, visual inspect for leaks, then allow to return to room temperature. Then 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, then at about day 3 or so, they will actually ease the bike down the road for about 8-10 miles. I asked the man why so ****......he said that "We expect to stand behind our builds at least as long as , if not longer than the MoCo does, and if I am going to do that, I am going to do it right, or not at all" That, my friends, is why they do all my work.....

nogood o~`o

Old 09-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

The shop owner is one of those guys that is absolutely **** about break in. I have heard the procedure that he is describing, and it sounds like a good thing. Starts with a 30 second run, verify oil pressure and no unusual noise, then allow to return to room temperature. Then a 1 minute run, visual inspect for leaks, then allow to return to room temperature. Then 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, then at about day 3 or so, they will actually ease the bike down the road for about 8-10 miles. I asked the man why so ****......he said that "We expect to stand behind our builds at least as long as , if not longer than the MoCo does, and if I am going to do that, I am going to do it right, or not at all" That, my friends, is why they do all my work.....

nogood o~`o
This is the S&S break-in procedure you can find on their website. The last shop that did the upper end on my EVO had me do the same sorta break-in. It took a week for me to do. Lot's of trips around the subdivision. Stop, let it cool down, take another trip, etc, etc.

Ended up having to re-do the top end again after 3000 miles, but I'm a little suspect about the previous shops work. I took it easy on the latest rebuild doing pretty much the HD manual 'break-in' procedure...until I had around 1000 miles on the bike, Then I went out and 'ran it' up to the rpm limiter one time (6500 on my Dyna 2000 mod) then ran it up between 5-6K a couple more times. This really seemed to set the rings, as the bike ran better after doing that. Dyno (1600 miles after rebuild) on my EVO with EV27 cam, SE air cleaner, SuperTrapp duals-18 discs, and mild port job: 75.10hp/80.68tq rear wheel. Hp peaks at 5800, Tq at 4200 and is pretty flat from 2800-5000. Nothing special, but better than stock which was rated at the motor: 69.5hp @5K and 80tq @4K.

Break-in procedures are like oil....Everyone seems to have an opinion about what is or isn't good.

Quick Reply: Dropped the bike off today....