Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:45 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals

I am soon to purchase a set of true duals to put in front of my V&H Dual Slash slip ons and am wondering if any of you could suggest which will give me the most bang for the buck based on self or friends experience with them?
The power duals have a claim to added power and torque in V&H write up but the dresser duals have no such claim.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:35 AM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the Power Duals specifically because of the better performance claim made by Vance & Hines over the Dresser Duals. I like the looks of the Dresser Duals a little better but in the end decided on the Power Duals. It seems like a good compromise to me with all things considered.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,065 Likes on 1,532 Posts

I went with Dresser Duals.

I prefered the lines of the pipes without the big bowtie over the chamber on the power duals.

Going from stock w/cats to Dresser Duals with Monster Rounds and a PCV gave it such an improvement I couldn't say there was any drawback in performance.

Very happy with my set up.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:07 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

It's a toss up, the Powerduals are suppose to keep low end torque up better than the dresser duals. How much- About 2-3, so it becomes a price and appearance decision at best. If you ever want to dyno tune hte two cylinders independently, hte dresser duals are better for O2 sniffing, whereas the x blends the fumes.... Good Luck.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by RK09RK
It's a toss up, the Powerduals are suppose to keep low end torque up better than the dresser duals. How much- About 2-3, so it becomes a price and appearance decision at best. If you ever want to dyno tune hte two cylinders independently, hte dresser duals are better for O2 sniffing, whereas the x blends the fumes.... Good Luck.
I went with the Power Duals and Monster Rounds for the torque. I like the look of the X-Pipe.
RK09RK......Why would there be any difference in the O2 sniffing since the sensors are before the X. I could see if you had a PCV and removed the sensors, but I run a SEST, and the sensors are in.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
robvg
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

subscribed

Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 PM
retgi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the power duals with the high output mufflers.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:11 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Fcal124
I went with the Power Duals and Monster Rounds for the torque. I like the look of the X-Pipe.
RK09RK......Why would there be any difference in the O2 sniffing since the sensors are before the X. I could see if you had a PCV and removed the sensors, but I run a SEST, and the sensors are in.

Sniffing by the bike's O2 sensors are unaffected since the two O2 sensors are upstream from the X bowtie, or just below the heads. What I was referring to was the typical copper tubes used to "sniff" exhaust mix during a dyno session. The dyno sniffer tubes are inserted through the end(s) of the mufflers, and probably won't get past the X on the right side. If it does, chances are you can't tell if it went up into the upper half of the inlet side of the X bowtie (the rear cylinder exhaust flow) OR if it went down into the lower half of the X bowtie (the front cylinder exhaust flow). This was my experience anyway, just thought I'd share... Waht we ended up doing was sniffing one muffler at a time, and since this was downstream of the X and gases blended, we compared left and right AFR values, which fortunately were so close, we didn't adjust the tuner... Good luck...

Old 10-13-2010, 06:53 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switched out my power duels for the dresser duels about a month ago and have not felt any power loss. Maybe that is because it sounds so much better that I think I have the same power. IMO you just can't go wrong with the sound of true duels.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:59 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Dresser Duals with Monster Rounds and TTS at home on the bench ready to install. Had true duals on my 07 and liked the look and sound. I believe any power loss is minor. THe main reason I'm doing it is to get rid of the cat on the right side. It just about cooked my right leg this summer. Don't want to go through another summer like that!!!!

Quick Reply: V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals