Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 07:30 AM
SR90
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My stock headers cracked at the Y, so ordered the dresser duals to go with the twin slash slipons already on there. Any loss of torque will be offset by the TW-222 cams and power vision tuner also on order. Already has a SE air cleaner. Think I will be good.

Old 01-09-2016, 02:46 PM
chestnut
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did anyone have a whining noise after installing v-h duals? chestnut

Old 01-09-2016, 07:54 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 132 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by CT-Bagger
I switched from Power Duals to Dresser Duals also. Never got used to that bow-tie thing.
They sound much better.
With the Power Duals 70% of the exhaust still comes out the right side. When When I switched to Dresser Duals the left side muffler finally got hot enough to smell and break in from the heat.
I think Power Duals might just be a gimmick and the only actual evidence I have seen is around 3 HP.
Really? Not so , here is your proof, dresser duals cost this guy 13 hp and 9 tq. Power Duals are far superior to dresser duals.

Attached Thumbnails V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals-wanta_dresservspower.jpg  

Last edited by qtrracer; 01-09-2016 at 08:43 PM. Reason: bad math
Old 01-13-2016, 11:57 AM
Breand
Stage II
Default 2012 RoadGlide Cam suggestions

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Really? Not so , here is your proof, dresser duals cost this guy 13 hp and 9 tq. Power Duals are far superior to dresser duals.
QTRRACER - Wow, that is a pretty significant difference. I'm looking for an opinion on what to do with my bike. I bought my bike last year (my 1st HD), I am the 3rd owner and love everything about it (except that my brother blows me away on his when we are out riding). I'm not looking to go 2000 miles an hour but would like to find a lot more mid range so it pulls harder from 30 to 80. I'm not looking to do a ton, my initial idea is a cam job, maybe a little more. Any thoughts on cams or anything that would help my setup out.

This is the way my bike is setup currently (the way I bought it)
- Stage 2 computer
- VO2 90 AIR INTAKE
- Vance & Hines Dresser Dual head pipes
- 3.5 Rinehart Slip-ons

Old 01-13-2016, 02:03 PM
Eagle King
5th Gear

man, i always have a love/hate relationship when it comes to headers, I still have the stock because i can't fricken decide what to do. #1stworldproblems

Old 01-13-2016, 05:19 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Breand
QTRRACER - Wow, that is a pretty significant difference. I'm looking for an opinion on what to do with my bike. I bought my bike last year (my 1st HD), I am the 3rd owner and love everything about it (except that my brother blows me away on his when we are out riding). I'm not looking to go 2000 miles an hour but would like to find a lot more mid range so it pulls harder from 30 to 80. I'm not looking to do a ton, my initial idea is a cam job, maybe a little more. Any thoughts on cams or anything that would help my setup out.

This is the way my bike is setup currently (the way I bought it)
- Stage 2 computer
- VO2 90 AIR INTAKE
- Vance & Hines Dresser Dual head pipes
- 3.5 Rinehart Slip-ons
I have seen a few comparison sheets on bikes with dresser duals and other 2-1-2 type headers and they all have the same result, the dresser duals rob hp and tq. This one happened to be by FM so i figured most guys would not argue with the end result. The Rineharts you have are fine. I don't know anything about the a/c but its probably ok as most a/c's now seem to be especially when the engine size is near stockish. My buddy has a '14 FLHX and he has TTS-100 cams with the fm 2-1-2 spc steel header and he is thrilled with the result. I have ridden his bike many times and it is very fun. A good tune will bring it all together, no download or auto "tune" will get it done like a really good dyno tune.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:53 AM
Breand
Stage II

Originally Posted by qtrracer
I have seen a few comparison sheets on bikes with dresser duals and other 2-1-2 type headers and they all have the same result, the dresser duals rob hp and tq. This one happened to be by FM so i figured most guys would not argue with the end result. The Rineharts you have are fine. I don't know anything about the a/c but its probably ok as most a/c's now seem to be especially when the engine size is near stockish. My buddy has a '14 FLHX and he has TTS-100 cams with the fm 2-1-2 spc steel header and he is thrilled with the result. I have ridden his bike many times and it is very fun. A good tune will bring it all together, no download or auto "tune" will get it done like a really good dyno tune.
Thanks for the reply. what head pipe does your friends bike have on it? I'm thinking the first thing I probably need to do is to switch out my head pipes?

Old 01-14-2016, 10:17 AM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle King
man, i always have a love/hate relationship when it comes to headers, I still have the stock because i can't fricken decide what to do. #1stworldproblems

I was thinking like this and back and forth with the decat stock or header. I knew I wanted the better performance and I knew I wanted my cat to be gone. I saved up and just got my headers the $400 I spent was well worth it and my bike rocks now. I probably gained about 3-4 HP with the headers.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Eagle King
5th Gear

how do you like the s&s? I am torn between them and the v&h dresser duals ? I know I like the sound of the true duals, but i like the power too. I know the s&s give the impression of being a true dual but with a small crossover built into it.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:54 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Breand
Thanks for the reply. what head pipe does your friends bike have on it? I'm thinking the first thing I probably need to do is to switch out my head pipes?
He has the Fuel Moto steel 2-1-2 spc header pipe. They use the factory heat shields and the factory cross under pipe so they look totally stock.

Last edited by qtrracer; 01-14-2016 at 09:56 PM.