Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Jkey
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Dresser Duals. Like the looks and the sound. I'm running Rush with 1.75 baffle. Guys behind me said they weren't to loud at cruising but picked up around 80. Sound off pretty nice when I roll into it. Running the PCV so haven't noticed any loss of power.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I evaluated both and went with true duals, and the twin slash ovals. I put them on and cammed my bike with andrews 48h. This weekend I ran with an identcal bike as mine that did stage II upgrade, 103 jugs and 255 cam. I can beat him with my set up. He put on twin slash rounds. He gets a dyno sheet this weekend after the break in oil change. I'll see how he stacks up and report later. The snap and potato sound from my pipes gets the attention of every rider I rride with and lots of compliments. I'm sure it stems from the lope of the long duration,high lift of the cam managed by my PCV.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by FDHOG
I went with the Power Duals and Monster Rounds for the torque. I like the look of the X-Pipe.
RK09RK......Why would there be any difference in the O2 sniffing since the sensors are before the X. I could see if you had a PCV and removed the sensors, but I run a SEST, and the sensors are in.
I'm quoting myself because I have since changed over to the TTS and had a Dyno Tune. Dave at JD's was able to get both sniffer tubes up past the "X".
Had to drill two small holes in the right baffle, but it got me good results.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by FDHOG
I'm quoting myself because I have since changed over to the TTS and had a Dyno Tune. Dave at JD's was able to get both sniffer tubes up past the "X".
Had to drill two small holes in the right baffle, but it got me good results.
Sniffing with the dyno copper AFR tube inserted in through the muffler outlets. The exhaust flow crosses in the x area of the head pipe. Trying to slip the copper tube past the x area and into a particular head pipe is tricky

Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
isac
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tripleshot
The snap and potato sound from my pipes gets the attention of every rider I ride with and lots of compliments. I'm sure it stems from the lope of the long duration,high lift of the cam managed by my PCV.
Same here...A "cammed" motor and true duals sounds really good.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Anybody who knows me, knows I need to chime in when I see a Power Duals inquiry.

The good, the bad, the ugly.......

Good; I'm running the PD's with V&H's MO's on my Roadie with a 96 and it's always been punchier than my EG with a 103. 103 has the same headers, but with HiOutput mufflers. The Roadie always feels like it's ready to leap and the flick of a throttle. That's the good.

Bad; those headers touch down REAL early in right hand turns. They'll hit way before the floorboard supports. They kill cornering clearance. If you actually lean your bike other than a modest amount, choose something else.

Ugly; when the header hits the ground, it grinds the **** out of your expensive shiny new heat shields. And in my case on my black bike, it quickly grinds right through the ceramic coating right into the metal.

Other than that, they seem to work well!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM
KAH24DupontChevy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Very helpful

Da Butcher,

I don't have Power Duals, but went with Rinehart True Dual Xtremes on my Street Glide instead

I read everything I could, but didn't factor in cornering clearance as a consideration. Glad I didn't go with Power Duals because I do touch the floorboards down under hard cornering from time to time and like that it isn't the exhaust that hits first.

I can scratch the Power Duals from future consideration until they change that issue.

Thanks, very helpful.

Karl

Old 04-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I really enjoyed reading this I am still trying to make the call!!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:47 PM
blkfalc4
Tourer

Stepped header and a 2-1 will out perform any other pipe, hands down.

Personally, I always used a supermeg for tune-ability. New bagger now, don't want one sided pipe look. Going with a stepped fulsac header and ST fatshotz. But that's just me and my dyno.

Alot has to do with the way it's tuned also, bad tune, good tune, great tune.
I'm a TTS fan,, Steve know's his ****.

YMMV

Good Luck
Mike

Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 PM
DallasRider
Advanced

I am considering Dresser Duals. Is there a clearance issue with the Dressers like the Power Duals?

Quick Reply: V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals