Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:33 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I too am undecided on which to get
I'm lookimg for great sound but not unecessaily excessive noise

Old 12-11-2010, 03:44 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Dresser Duals will give you better sound and the Power Duals will give you better performance.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:48 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by RK09RK
Sniffing by the bike's O2 sensors are unaffected since the two O2 sensors are upstream from the X bowtie, or just below the heads. What I was referring to was the typical copper tubes used to "sniff" exhaust mix during a dyno session. The dyno sniffer tubes are inserted through the end(s) of the mufflers, and probably won't get past the X on the right side. If it does, chances are you can't tell if it went up into the upper half of the inlet side of the X bowtie (the rear cylinder exhaust flow) OR if it went down into the lower half of the X bowtie (the front cylinder exhaust flow). This was my experience anyway, just thought I'd share... Waht we ended up doing was sniffing one muffler at a time, and since this was downstream of the X and gases blended, we compared left and right AFR values, which fortunately were so close, we didn't adjust the tuner... Good luck...

Now know what you were referring to. Tuner had to drill two holes in Right side. He could feel the sniffer tube going past the X-Pipe and into each header pipe.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Piterr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sh57
I switched out my power duels for the dresser duels about a month ago and have not felt any power loss. Maybe that is because it sounds so much better that I think I have the same power. IMO you just can't go wrong with the sound of true duels.
Sh57, what is the difference in sound between powerduals and dresser duals? Is dresser dual is louder? I use power duals with VH hi output, it sound not too loud....... Thinking to switch to dresser duals.... Advice please.....

Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 PM
opendroads
Stage II
Default V&H Dresser Duals vs Power Duals

This was my dilemma for months, i have a 2010 street glide and loved the power delivery of the stock set up and didn't want to compromise that at all. I couldn't get my head around the bow tie look of the power duals, so i decided to go with the dresser duals. The fit and finish was perfect and i love the clean lines. I also had difficulty selecting the correct muffler and decided to go with the Monster Rounds. I was afraid the monster rounds would be too quiet but they are perfect, nice rumble and plenty of sound, but you can quiet them down if necessary. The power loss that people talked about with the dresser duals is not existent. I will be installing the SE super turner with a dyno run so pretty sure it will run even better than it does now, cant wait. Hope this helps, Monster Rounds and Dresser Duals are great.

Last edited by opendroads; 04-04-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:17 AM
JoeTag
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed the power duals with the high output slip-ons. I liked the look, the sound and the added power. The power duals give you a deeper sound than the duals. I also noticed a performance improvement which I had expected by doing a stage 1.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Troopfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with the Power Duals and like them. I like the look of the "bow tie". The guy who dyno tuned my bike had nothing but good to say about the power duals. I had put the regular oval mufflers on it. The tuner guy likes the monster ovals. With the 255 cams and SEST the torque is 119 and hp 93.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:14 AM
rkramchuck
Advanced

i have the power duels with monster ovals love them,if your undecided on the sound go to you tube and punch in what you want, a lot of bikes in there with different set ups to give you a soud bite,i punched in 09 road king with v& h power duels and monster ovals 8 different road kings came up with sound bites

Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big fan of my Power Duals, but I personally like the "bowtie". Everywhere I go I get a ton of positive compliments on them. The do stand out for sure. Either way, you are getting an A+ product. Fit and finish is remarkable. The heat shields are at least twice as thick as stock.

That said, I'm sure any power difference (if any) is negligable with a properly tuned bike.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Burch
Advanced

I've got a set of power duals with HO Slip-ons waiting on me at the shop. I was told by the owner that from what he's seen this set up is has comperable HP and Torque results as the D&D Fatcat. That is one reason I went this route. The other is I like the look of duals on a dresser.

Quick Reply: V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals