Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY review J&M 7.25's with 250w amp

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY review J&M 7.25's with 250w amp

OK, so I had J&Ms 5.25 inch speakers with tweeters and crossovers in my 09 Road Glide. Nice improvement over stock HD crap. When the 7.25s came out, I bought a set. Installed them and I was pretty amazed at the sound difference and quality, even with the stock HK head unit. Ran like that all summer. Had an opportunity at Delmarva to pick up the amp from Eastern Performance (thanks Brian!). Installed it a week or two ago on a Sunday evening. Ran into (STUUPID) problems, all my fault. Tried to get some help on HDF at 11pm on Sunday evening, several of my buds assisted THEN, in chimes John, President of J&M!! After that you got my vote for customer service (you already had it, but that prompted me to write this)

Had a chance, finally, last Saturday to put about 400 miles on with the amp and speakers...all I can say is WOW!. Better highs, clear, minimal distortion and for the money I spent, a quality system that delivers good clear music AND talk radio at any speed! I also have the Hogtunes tweeter pods, they add somewhat, but may be overkill at this point, but I already had them so I left em on. John, thanks for your products, and your willingness to help out. He even followed up with an email to me several days later to make sure all was well!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great to hear. Can you post what the issue were so others don't follow? That would be helpful.

Thanks

Old 10-12-2010, 09:07 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I've got the same setup (7.25 speakers, amp, HogTunes pod). At 80 with earplugs in, I can hear my music. No it's not studio quality, but you're never going to get that on a bike.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

BigDaddyMike ,,,,,

All of us here at J&M Corporation appreciate good customers such as yourself ,,,,

Our guys in the J&M R&D shop are always just as passionate about the audio products we build, as the riders who use them ,,,,, I think that is one of the things gives us the edge ,,,

We are very happy that you are enjoying your J&M 7.25” speakers, and your new 250w J&M amp ,,,,,,

Please feel free to contact us anytime we can be of service ,,,

Old 10-12-2010, 10:26 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
That's great to hear. Can you post what the issue were so others don't follow? That would be helpful.

Thanks

OK here it is again, read this thread for some info and a good laugh! I had the wires crossed at the battery and blew a million fuses before figuring it out...

Old 10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
BigDaddyMike ,,,,,

All of us here at J&M Corporation appreciate good customers such as yourself ,,,,

Our guys in the J&M R&D shop are always just as passionate about the audio products we build, as the riders who use them ,,,,, I think that is one of the things gives us the edge ,,,

We are very happy that you are enjoying your J&M 7.25” speakers, and your new 250w J&M amp ,,,,,,

Please feel free to contact us anytime we can be of service ,,,
John, Thanks and thanks again for the help while I was pulling my hair out late on a Sunday night... Great quality stuff, reasonable prices and excellent service, what more can you ask for?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't really care about wind noise, buit I'm curious if you can hear it with another bike at 10 o'clock off your front wheel?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:37 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharknose
I don't really care about wind noise, buit I'm curious if you can hear it with another bike at 10 o'clock off your front wheel?
Unless they're running obnoxiously loud drag pipes, yes, you can hear it.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:40 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by Sharknose
I rode about 150 miles Saturday with one other bike in that position, 99 Softail Springer with straight pipes and fish tails, Only time I heard his bike was when we were stopped. My bike is pretty loud and I could easily drown it out without distortion. I am a musician, and live music is my passion and many of the CDs I have are boots and they all sounded great.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with you on the quality of the J&M products. I know there are some "fanatics" on here that rant and rave about all other kinds of solutions, but for the money, you cant beat the setup. I also have the tweeter pod and think it helps to supplement an already good system. The mounting bracket for the J&M amp puts it one notch above everyone else, especially when you have the CB and XM module as I do.

Quick Reply: MY review J&M 7.25's with 250w amp