Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 03:12 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yljkt
Who would actually pay to be a member of this or any other harley site? The object is to get enough hits to entice the sponsors to pay and keep the lights on. This site seems to do a good job at that. But I can't imagine paying for it.
.I think Forrest Gunp said it best. Stupid is as stupid does.... Idiots abound!!!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 06:51 AM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm neutral, I read it , and ...

I think old Sarge saw some hardware on the wall at the auto parts store and didn't realize that he paid for stainless, So naturally he felt like he got buddy F@(kED. I highly doubt the hardware was of the same material and grade as the Brukus kit. If I didn't understand the difference in quality of hardware I would have thought and felt the same way.
Believe me stainless hardware is not cheap.

He aired his thoughts here ,and he recieved good feedback. I think the forum is working perfect.

Brukus posted their views explaining their position and offered to give the money back if the customer was not satisfied.
I say no harm no foul.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:14 AM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The Final Chapter

My business with Brukus Motorcycle Parts is now complete. So maybe we can close this thread.

They have refunded my money and I’m returning their merchandise.

In all fairness, Brukus M/P has been up front all along. They do have a quality product and their customer service has been first rate. It’s just that their product is too expensive for what it is…to me! After communicating my displeasure of their pricing, they bent over backwards to take care of me.
Their comment: “Sorry you are unhappy with our company. We are refunding your money and you are welcome to keep our product or throw it away – whatever you choose to do. Thanks for at least trying us.”

My reply was; It would be hypocritical of me to do anything but return their merchandise to them.

Upon trying to remove the U-nut from the bike, I found that the only way to do so would be to destroy it, so I bought new ones to replace theirs.

As to the remarks that their parts were of ‘superior quality’ to the ones I compared them to, is an untrue statement!!

The parts I quoted are from Dorman Fasteners, a nationally know US manufacture of nuts, bolts and washers. The only difference was their ‘bolt with a security torx head’. The ones I quoted were S/S buttonhead with an allen head. They were both S/S Grade-5. The Ford long U-Nut is identical and as far as I can research, Dorman is the only manufacture of those fasteners. The washers were identical in diameter and thickness and also made of S/S.

Topkick

To those of you who engaged in personal attacks, I say “Go pi$$ up a rope!! It was neither your product nor your money! The last time I checked this we are still the USA and we still have a 1st Amendment. My criticism was not of the company personnel or their product quality…just the pricing. Brukus M/P seems to be good people trying to scratch out an income the best they can.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:13 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you should buy a Victory where you could get so many after market parts, such as those that these good people make....

Close this thread? Nah. We need to know that the planet earth has morons besides the President. Oh yeah, speaking of gouging.....

Yeah. I will follow this thread to the end. BTW, did you manufacture the original dipstick? If so good for you and great idea.

Originally Posted by FXSTS-88
My business with Brukus Motorcycle Parts is now complete. So maybe we can close this thread.

They have refunded my money and I’m returning their merchandise.

In all fairness, Brukus M/P has been up front all along. They do have a quality product and their customer service has been first rate. It’s just that their product is too expensive for what it is…to me! After communicating my displeasure of their pricing, they bent over backwards to take care of me.
Their comment: “Sorry you are unhappy with our company. We are refunding your money and you are welcome to keep our product or throw it away – whatever you choose to do. Thanks for at least trying us.”

My reply was; It would be hypocritical of me to do anything but return their merchandise to them.

Upon trying to remove the U-nut from the bike, I found that the only way to do so would be to destroy it, so I bought new ones to replace theirs.

As to the remarks that their parts were of ‘superior quality’ to the ones I compared them to, is an untrue statement!!

The parts I quoted are from Dorman Fasteners, a nationally know US manufacture of nuts, bolts and washers. The only difference was their ‘bolt with a security torx head’. The ones I quoted were S/S buttonhead with an allen head. They were both S/S Grade-5. The Ford long U-Nut is identical and as far as I can research, Dorman is the only manufacture of those fasteners. The washers were identical in diameter and thickness and also made of S/S.

Topkick

To those of you who engaged in personal attacks, I say “Go pi$$ up a rope!! It was neither your product nor your money! The last time I checked this we are still the USA and we still have a 1st Amendment. My criticism was not of the company personnel or their product quality…just the pricing. Brukus M/P seems to be good people trying to scratch out an income the best they can.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd almost send you $40 just to keep you from bashing the guy that was SMART ENOUGH to figure it out!!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 AM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Maybe you should buy a Victory where you could get so many after market parts, such as those that these good people make....

Close this thread? Nah. We need to know that the planet earth has morons besides the President. Oh yeah, speaking of gouging.....

Yeah. I will follow this thread to the end. BTW, did you manufacture the original dipstick? If so good for you and great idea.
Reread the first two sentences of the last paragraph!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

OK boys and girls, maybe it's time to put this one to bed. The sponsor who this thread is about requested to let this run so the people would have a voice. That was a wise choice because it appears that even though a member feels the price of a well made item was high it also appears that there a many members here that are very fond of this sponsor and their products. Thanks to the members here for the very fair responses and before we have to build a ring and put on the gloves I'm just gonna end it.

Adios,
Terry