Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you were happy until you went to NAPA. Stay out of NAPA lol.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Valuable post! Too lame to figure it out for myself. Thanks for the info. Heading to NAPA to do an easy project on the cheap.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:26 PM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

sometimes it's not the parts you are paying for, but the idea.
Would you have put it all together in NAPA had Brukus not done it first?

There is a country just across the Pacific from NA that takes ideas and makes them cheaper. Won't be long before they steal this one too.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I see no one has mentioned, the Brukus bolts AND wrench are security type, with the stud in the middle. This requires a special wrench to remove the bolts, making the parts even more secure than standard hex/allen/torx bolts and wrenches. The fasteners look like a standard torx, but with a stud in the middle of the depression which prevents a standard torx tool from being used. I am sure these parts cost higher than standard parts. Maybe not enough to cause the parts to be as high as they are, but thats just business. I had no problem with it, but thats me.

I also bought their seat bolt which has the same security feature.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I caught them on sale and got the ones for the hard bags and for the seat using the same special keyed Allen wrench.

I'm happy with and I even feel good about one of us being smart enough to put this all together as a kit and mailing them to us. There's overhead costs besides just the kit. A mans time is worth something and packing material isn't free either.

I gladly buy the Bruckus products when he has something I can use and want.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

a good thing to think about here. study before you buy. there are many posts concerning the attaching of saddlebags to help prevent theft. much cheaper and likely the same parts that the brukus guys sold you.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:44 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default So what are you saying?

Are you mad at Brukus or at yourself for doing your homework after it was too late?
Don't blame them.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:17 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

I got a set for free just for giving Brukus a review and am very happy with product....
So they made a few bucks on you and a few other bikers....Dought if they live in the "Tahje Mahal"..
Look at the bright side...When you go to sell your bike it will be worth that much more and a selling feature at that!!!!.....LOL.......
Have you tried to send them back?I'm sure he would rather give you your money back than have you trash his sales tactics on a forum that is free to us but he pays for....BUT i guess its a little late for that now!!!!
Actually i think trashing a sponsor is a NO-NO here on HDF.......
Lifes to short to get your panties in a bunch over such small things....o~`o........

Old 10-12-2010, 07:01 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Ever price a cup of coffee? The water, the beans, and the cup come to maybe $.10, but you'll pay anywhere from $1~$4 depending on where you are. You're paying for convenience. I bought the Brukus kit for $20 or so because it saved me the hassle of getting the parts and pieces together (and knowing that it'd take me at least 2 trips to get it right). My time is worth more than the $10 or so extra. I don't begrudge anyone from making a profit.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:07 AM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My Error

No, I won't be sending the kits back. I ordered them and I'll live with my error. Yes, I'm kinda mad at myself for not researching the product a little before ordering (no one in my area is using them). I guess, I was expecting a 'machined' piece or two as part of the kit, not just 'nuts and bolts'!!
The kits will do everything the seller claims and the quality of the parts is good. That's not my 'gripe', it was the cost for what I recieved.

Quick Reply: A little rant!!