Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Why are you ranting about it, you helped out a small business man trying to support his family. Feel proud!!!!
Exactly and Dan and Kay are real nice people. I love mine!!! I guess because I posted how much I liked them they are going to send me a set of a new product that secures your detachable windshield as a product tester.

Last edited by strtarrow; 10-11-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Exactly and they are real nice people. I love mine!!! I guess because I posted how much I liked them they are going to send me a set of a new product that secures your detachable windshield as a product tester.
I'd be interested in how you like the windshield lock. I've been taking mine in the Motel room at night. Not only to keep it from getting stolen. I soak it in the bathtub to clean it.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:03 PM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You didn't just pay for the parts. You also paid for his effort to put the parts together and to market them.

If you had not bought the kit would you have know what to look for at the NAPA store?

I you already knew what parts to get, why didn't you look for them on your own or better yet, put the kit together and sell it yourself?

I could be that the product was priced anticipating a short market life as buyers like you figure out they can do the same thing themselves?

Just saying .. not taking any sides.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:08 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to see some pics of your son's '04 FLHX-SE.
He has a one-of-a-kind that is most likely priceless!

(X = Street Glide.....1st X was in '06.....which also happens to be last year of the carb)

Old 10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
yljkt
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mentioned this a few months back and had a Mod all over me. Ny-locks and common sence prevail. The Brukus product may seem like the best thing since sliced bread to those who don't know, but Ny-locks and left-handed threads get the job done for about $7.00. Hope I didn't **** anyone off. Nah...I don't care.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:26 PM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why are you ranting about it, you helped out a small business man trying to support his family. Feel proud!!!!

Don't care how small/large they are! I'm a retiree just trying to keep my scooter together and up-to-date. And I don't feel very 'proud' after being taken advantage of by a fellow biker.

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Exactly and they are real nice people. I love mine!!! I guess because I posted how much I liked them they are going to send me a set of a new product that secures your detachable windshield as a product tester.

They may be nice people and they do have a quality product, but at those markups, they will not be getting any more of my money!! Stick it to me once...shame on you. Do it twice...shame on me!!!

I'm thinking I may buy up a couple hundred pieces and advertize them for $10 just to give them some competition!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:29 PM
FXSTS-88
Road Master

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
I'd like to see some pics of your son's '04 FLHX-SE.
He has a one-of-a-kind that is most likely priceless!

(X = Street Glide.....1st X was in '06.....which also happens to be last year of the carb)
OK, its a Electra Glide Standard CVO. My mistake!!
Pix is in my album.

Last edited by FXSTS-88; 10-11-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM
FXSTS-88
Road Master

Originally Posted by yljkt
I mentioned this a few months back and had a Mod all over me. Ny-locks and common sence prevail. The Brukus product may seem like the best thing since sliced bread to those who don't know, but Ny-locks and left-handed threads get the job done for about $7.00. Hope I didn't **** anyone off. Nah...I don't care.
I hear ya!! I don't care either. I'm just PO'd that I got taken advantage of by a fellow biker. I'm thinking I'll buy a box each of nuts, bolts and washers; make up a bunch and pass them out as Christmas gifts to frinds! That'd be 20 or so sets those thieving SOB's won't be selling!!!

Last edited by FXSTS-88; 10-13-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FXSTS-88

Don't care how small/large they are! I'm a retiree just trying to keep my scooter together and up-to-date. And I don't feel very 'proud' after being taken advantage of by a fellow biker.

They may be nice people and they do have a quality product, but at those markups, they will not be getting any more of my money!! Stick it to me once...shame on you. Do it twice...shame on me!!!

I'm thinking I may buy up a couple hundred pieces and advertize them for $10 just to give them some competition!!!
I'm not taking sides here mind you, but you only have yourself to blame. There were several threads a couple months ago about Saddlebags being stolen and how to prevent it. I even posted a Pic of what I did. Cost about 10 bucks. Bruckus is a forum sponsor. If I felt like I'd been taken advantage of, I would have taken it up with them. Not here on the forum. I'm sure there's lot's of satisfied customer's of Brukus. Like the man said, they have overhead cost in Engineering their product's and advertising. BTW, I'm retired myself. I try to save money when I can. It's called Research before you buy!!!! Have a beer and forget about it!!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
FXSTS-88
Road Master

I'm not taking sides here mind you, but you only have yourself to blame. There were several threads a couple months ago about Saddlebags being stolen and how to prevent it. I even posted a Pic of what I did. Cost about 10 bucks. Bruckus is a forum sponsor. If I felt like I'd been taken advantage of, I would have taken it up with them. Not here on the forum. I'm sure there's lot's of satisfied customer's of Brukus. Like the man said, they have overhead cost in Engineering their product's and advertising. BTW, I'm retired myself. I try to save money when I can. It's called Research before you buy!!!! Have a beer and forget about it!!
Not to yell at you. I just assumed I was getting a more complicated piece of merchandise for that kind of money. As a sponsor, they should be ashamed of taking advantage of readers/riders here. Don't worry, Brukus will be getting a letter of my dissatisfaction. I just wanted as many others to know before buying what it took me $46.40 to find out!!

Quick Reply: A little rant!!