Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I swap out fairings or bikes? I need a shark nose!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Should I swap out fairings or bikes? I need a shark nose!!

Always wanted a road glide but settled for a flht. Now that my dad has a fugly I road it and the batwing just doent do it for me any more.

the dealer offered $9500 for my bike, and im waiting for another good deal on a used roadie to come in.. But I was thinking about swapping out fairing on my bike, ive seen threads of guys who have done it and I know I could do the work but just need to know all the parts/bolts involved.

What do you guys think? Should I wait for a good deal on a trade, or swap the fairing. Is there any that has done the swap that can chime in

thanks
kevin

Last edited by Kevin's_09FXDF; 10-10-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 PM
swoopjr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the parts break down if you want it.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by swoopjr
I have the parts break down if you want it.
yes!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:01 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally would trade. It's been brought up before in previous threads, but your title will be for a SG, and it'll be tough to transfer it as a RG. Plus, I can't imagine all those genuine HD parts can be cheap.....

Old 10-11-2010, 12:26 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hougz79
I personally would trade. It's been brought up before in previous threads, but your title will be for a SG, and it'll be tough to transfer it as a RG. Plus, I can't imagine all those genuine HD parts can be cheap.....
HUH? It's an easy swap, and you can put it all back if you want. Hell, I put an HD batwing on my RKC, and aside from this place, no one knows the difference. $9500, and they felt ok with that offer to your face? Parts are much easier to find used, in black, ask me how I know this

Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

swap bikes

Old 10-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Aslan
Road Master

I have heard this done may times but I always wonder if the value of your bike is hurt when you go to trade or sell.
I don't think you can change the model on the title. I think it will always have to be on paper what it was when it left the factory.
If it was me I would sell or trade, and buy a straight up Road Glide.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 AM
frydaddy96
Cruiser

The VIN is always going to come up as a SG. What mods have you done to the bike that can't be undone? If you have the bike setup the way you want other than the fairing, how much is changing a new RG going to cost? My .02

Old 10-11-2010, 06:03 AM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Shop around at different dealers, you may be surprised at the different dealer's trade-in offers. I was looking to do the exact same thing and checked out all the dealers here in NH. I was looking for a used '07 or newer and wanted it now, didn't want to deal with selling my '05 FLHPI. Everyone was low-balling on the trade-in. I ended up going to another state and got over 9K for my bike and picked up an '07 for a great price. Good dealers are out there.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JefFLH
Shop around at different dealers, you may be surprised at the different dealer's trade-in offers. I was looking to do the exact same thing and checked out all the dealers here in NH. I was looking for a used '07 or newer and wanted it now, didn't want to deal with selling my '05 FLHPI. Everyone was low-balling on the trade-in. I ended up going to another state and got over 9K for my bike and picked up an '07 for a great price. Good dealers are out there.
9500 is acually not bad I wanted 10000 from a dealler but figured 9.5, other dealers only offered 8500. Out right I bet I could get more.

And adout the vin I wasnt.worryed about that it will allways be a e,glide

Quick Reply: Should I swap out fairings or bikes? I need a shark nose!!