Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H power duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 AM
tomtek
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H power duals

I would like to replace my stock headpipe on a 2011 street glide with the V&H power duals. What is your opinion on the installation, looks and performance with whatever slip on you used?

Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Helped a buddy put the PC-V(mapped by Fuel Moto), SE A/C, V&H Power Duals & Rinehart slip ons on his '10 SG. Nice change in sound, nice low rumble, runs cooler & he says he can feel the power diffrence in the seat of the pants! All done on a Saturday afternoon with simple hand tools.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

less heat, and I picked up 4 HP and 3 TQ over the stock head pipe (non cat, 09 RKC 103 BB kit). Depends on what you're after- the same cash could buy cams and make more power than just a pipe swap. Good luck...

Old 10-10-2010, 06:56 PM
sudbury2010glide
Cruiser

A buddy and me installed mine in an afternoon with a simple tool kit. I like them alot!!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:45 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy install, best quality, excellent performance! Love'em!

Check'em out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSmrWsj3J90

Old 10-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Sargergp
Cruiser

Congrats on your purchase. My son just bought the same one about a month ago. Here is a quote of my post on a similar thread.

I just helped my son put the same setup on his 2011 SG White Hot Denim. The header is chrome and he got the ceramic black V&H high output slipons (looks awesome). These have the deepest rumble I've ever heard on a bike but like this post says, only loud when you want it to be. I'm not into loud that much but I rode his and had no problem listening to the tunes while cruising at 70. BTW you might just try the header first because I installed his OEM slipons on my '09 Ultra (no catalyst) and they are noticeably louder on my bike than they were on his. Louder than my OEM set also. Not sure why but I'm not complaining considering I got just the volume I wanted for free.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I installed the power duals on my 09 RK

and have the V&H Monster Ovals. This upgrade definitely requires a fuel management system (Power Commander, Power Max or TTS) Mine had the cat in the header pipe so I got rid of a big heat source. Very deep rumble from the tail pipes and about 92.3 dB's. Really barks when you open it up though. You won't be disappointed with the PD's. Took me the better part of 4 hours to install myself.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
and have the V&H Monster Ovals.
I'll bet that sounds killer.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Really is a great sound

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I'll bet that sounds killer.
Just what I was looking for too. Too bad we have to spend so much $$ to make our HD's sound like HD's.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:48 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them also and love the deep rumble and its not that loud at idle, but is noticeably louder when you get on it.

Quality is good and I love the looks. The only downside is the reduced ground clearance on the right side now. The "power chamber" hangs down a little lower and will scrape the ground before the floorboards now.

Quick Reply: V&H power duals