Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded the bob for the glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010 | 05:24 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by toothdocthc
I love your king. I went to my dealer this summer to look at the same bike that was listed on the web as current inventory to only find out it was sold and delivered the day before. Love that color combo. Ended up with sedona orange street glide instead. Nothing ever looks as good as a rkc omho. It's timeless.
Thanks brother I want to put match painted hard bags, and a detachable match painted king TP, just debating on whether to dump that cash into this bike or go to another.

We'll see. The hard bags from the dealer ain't cheap, almost friggin $2K

Old 10-08-2010 | 05:28 PM
vettstar
Novice

Congrats nice choice.

Old 10-08-2010 | 07:11 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Thanks brother I want to put match painted hard bags, and a detachable match painted king TP, just debating on whether to dump that cash into this bike or go to another.

We'll see. The hard bags from the dealer ain't cheap, almost friggin $2K
It will be hard to beat the looks of it as is, however, if you're not going to be happy and are going to wonder if you have the right bike, don't spend too much on it, cause when you do trade it in-someone else will benefit, options don't help the trade-in, just make it easier for the dealer to sell. It would be nice to keep the rkc with its timeless beauty, and get the second bike in a perfect world or if the lottery comes knocking on your front door. Lastly, you won't see your bike at every bike event like the street glide which is another benefit of your bike. I've had two rkc's and traded for street glide and always, always regretted it later. Had about 5k in options on the last one and got a whoopin on trade. Best of luck with your choice, ride happy, life is short.

Old 10-08-2010 | 07:17 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by toothdocthc
It will be hard to beat the looks of it as is, however, if you're not going to be happy and are going to wonder if you have the right bike, don't spend too much on it, cause when you do trade it in-someone else will benefit, options don't help the trade-in, just make it easier for the dealer to sell. It would be nice to keep the rkc with its timeless beauty, and get the second bike in a perfect world or if the lottery comes knocking on your front door. Lastly, you won't see your bike at every bike event like the street glide which is another benefit of your bike. I've had two rkc's and traded for street glide and always, always regretted it later. Had about 5k in options on the last one and got a whoopin on trade. Best of luck with your choice, ride happy, life is short.
After looking at many things, if I do trade this bike in I'll just skip a few steps and get a geezer glide. It'll be an Ultra, or RG Ultra.

I love the looks of the RKC, but these saddlebags barely hold anything, they don't lock, they scuff easily, and the matching tour pak wouldn't hold much either, wish I would have known from the get go. But you live and you learn.

I saw an Ultra in the same color scheme and it looks great.

Old 10-08-2010 | 07:32 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
After looking at many things, if I do trade this bike in I'll just skip a few steps and get a geezer glide. It'll be an Ultra, or RG Ultra.

I love the looks of the RKC, but these saddlebags barely hold anything, they don't lock, they scuff easily, and the matching tour pak wouldn't hold much either, wish I would have known from the get go. But you live and you learn.

I saw an Ultra in the same color scheme and it looks great.
I have seen that color on a ultra also and agree it's nice. Ultra definitely has more color choices vs. the road glide ultra. Some nice choices for the limited (ultra) as well. If you pull the trigger, post some pics. Hard to make a rkc an ultra without spending more than you would on just a plain trade probably though.

Old 10-08-2010 | 07:34 PM
Simmy150
Advanced

Congrats on the Street Glide.

I have a 2010 Fat Bob and think about making the same move.

Old 10-08-2010 | 08:18 PM
yljkt
Banned

I don't get it. You can get an EGC for the same coin. But thats just me I guess. Why buy a stripped bike for the same $? The SG is cool..but for the same coin why not buy the Grand-daddy of em all?? Just sayin'. Electra-Glide would get my vote.

Old 10-08-2010 | 08:54 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Congrats on the new scoot. It's a shame you couldn't keep the Street bob, and just add the Street Glide. Two very different bikes, and two of my favorites. I used to ride a fxe super glide, and really miss that stripped down, pure motorcycle kind of ride.

Old 10-08-2010 | 09:57 PM
desertwolf
Road Master

Congrats on the SG.