Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics - Never Again for Me

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:45 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know this is an old thread but, sense it's back up.... I did the CD incandescent smoked tail light and added Tour Pak lights w/ smoked lenses this winter. The bulb CD included looked orange. A trip the the local auto parts store & about $3.00 for a red(er) bulb, and they all look the same.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:57 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Wow that is uncharacteristic for Custom Dynamics. I have been dealing with them for years and never had a single issue with CS.

Oh and do yourself a favor. Get a BrightAssLights tail. Pricey but worth it.
That is what I have and it's great. I have the BAL2R and it is VERY bright. Took all of maybe 10 minutes to install.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 PM
jerry1313
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Stupid Rope for the really intelligent response. 28 years in the criminal justice system, including being involved with fatal accident investigations, taught me if there's anything effecting your brake light visibility then you are probably going to be struck from behind at some point. Of Stupid Rope may not realize this because I see by your profile you're a Combat Arms Instructor verifiying the statment "Those that can't do.....teach". I've since add a BAL-1 to rectify the issue.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:13 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jerry1313
Bought a pair of fender tip LED's from CD and when I installed them the rear was so bright it appeared to be an activated brake light all the time and, in my opinion, washed over the brake light. Front one was bright enough that you could not see my running lights very well. Tried to return them due to my safety concerns and was told since they'd been installed, and weren't defective, they're mine. They have good products but if you buy something and are not satisfied with it too bad.
I know this is an old thread but since it is back on today, I'll put in my experience. I bought a set of the (plasma rods) from CD and installed them on my bike for extra running/brake lights. One day after I got home from Daytona the left side stopped working, I called CD, they told me to send it back (even though I couldn't find the reciept), they promptly sent me another one, no problem.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:38 PM
10-4 10-4
Intermediate

Mannnnnn I just installed plasma rods with the turn /brake feature on my 2011 SG-103 and Dennis from CD WALKED ME THROUGHT THE ENITRE WIRING PROCESS,,,, I would recommend CD and all there products. The woman that took my phone order went over it several times to ensure I got what I wanted the first time!!! Sorry you had a bad go at it but I had a completely different experience !!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave up on LED's a while back. No matter what brand they will eventually **** you off because they simply do not last all that long. I have had LED's in every light on 3 different bikes and have had failures multiple times, some within weeks of install. They only come with a 1 year warranty now. They just aren't worth the grief or expense. As far as using a standard red bulb in a smoked lense, foget about it. I have tried every red bulb there is and it always looks orange. Leave your lights alone and ride, you'll be happier in the long run.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had the Kuryakyn Panacea setup for 5 yrs. now with no problems.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:02 AM
pinecroft
Cruiser

I have had the Radiantz signal led boards for rear lites for approx 9 years and have had absolutely no problems or failures. paul

Old 04-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
I gave up on LED's a while back. No matter what brand they will eventually **** you off because they simply do not last all that long. I have had LED's in every light on 3 different bikes and have had failures multiple times, some within weeks of install. They only come with a 1 year warranty now. They just aren't worth the grief or expense. As far as using a standard red bulb in a smoked lense, foget about it. I have tried every red bulb there is and it always looks orange. Leave your lights alone and ride, you'll be happier in the long run.
You are either not using quality LEDs or just have bad luck with them. I have been running the same LED clusters for many years now. And if one of them does fail I am guaranteed a new one.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:20 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Garemlin
You are either not using quality LEDs or just have bad luck with them. I have been running the same LED clusters for many years now. And if one of them does fail I am guaranteed a new one.
Maybe it was just bad luck.....but on 3 different bikes within 5 years? To be fair, it was 6 pods total and not the entire pod, just an led or two in each of them. Still enough to **** me off for that kind of money.
I have used Street Magic, Radiantz and CD, same results. Last ones I bought from CD came with a 1 year warranty only. I was told the lifetime warranty no longer applies. I do see Radiantz still offers lifetime, but to be honest, their customer service is a nightmare to deal with.

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 04-23-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics - Never Again for Me