Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics - Never Again for Me

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

It kind of sucks when you have to air poor CS publicly to get the service you should get the first time around. Some time the squeeky wheel does get the grease lol. Sounds like things will work out tho.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
customd
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get no static with my new Radianz lights from Badlands. I did have the same problem with FM interference with the CD lights that I had before one went bad and I replaced them all.
Technically the static is from the Load Equalizer, not from the LEDs. Some bikes are more sensitive to the load equalizers than others, especially if you have a higher power amp. We have found the HD aftermarket amps to be the most sensitive. Most of the good load equalizers on the market today; Badlands, Biketronics, and ours do have this downside. The cheap heat ones do not but they have lots of other issues like heat! There is a workaround if you are experiencing this problem that will normally reduce or eliminate it. If you take the power lead from the Box and run it directly to the positive of the battery through a fuse it should improve the situation. We started to include the fuse and connector to do this in our load equalizers about 6 months ago. Hope this helps. Thanks Dave

Old 10-08-2010, 10:27 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I am runing the Custom Dynamics Genesis II LEDs front and rear and the Bright *** Tailight. No problems so far, over a year of dependable service. All my rear lights are RED and very bright. I like the CD products, but that being said I buy them through Eastern Performance, top knotch products, pricing nobody can touch and excellent one day service (to my location)...CaLL BRIAN AT EP FOR GREAT PRICING ON CD STUFF!

Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
customd
Novice

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
I am runing the Custom Dynamics Genesis II LEDs front and rear and the Bright *** Tailight. No problems so far, over a year of dependable service. All my rear lights are RED and very bright. I like the CD products, but that being said I buy them through Eastern Performance, top knotch products, pricing nobody can touch and excellent one day service (to my location)...CaLL BRIAN AT EP FOR GREAT PRICING ON CD STUFF!
EP is one of our top distributors!!!!! Great People! Glad you found our products through them. Dave

Old 10-08-2010, 11:03 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Have Custom Dynamics LED clusters, lifetime warranty. A couple of leds went out in one cluster after about 1 1/2 years. They replaced it, no problem.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:53 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered from CD last week...it shipped within an hour of payment. I got my order the very next day and I had no problems. I called customer service once to see if they had any tips for their stainless steel braided wire cover and they were very nice.

I'll be buying from them again.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:43 PM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had CD install a crap load of LED's at Thunder Beach in May. I had to take it back because...a) they wouldn't shut off, b) they were already falling off, and c) the remote fob broke in my pocket.

They replaced everything within 15 minutes of me coming back. The installer was a dunce...slow, sloppy, and decided to take a break while working on my bike after waiting 3.5 hours to get it started. But...the customer service was good. I will say that much for them.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:30 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Another update:
I've changed the title of this thread to indicate how much Dave is working on this. He has suggested I bring my bike to the CD setup at Biketoberfest to make sure we get this right. A bad experience is now becoming a reminder that there are still some people out there who try hard to take care of their customers.

BTW, my wife followed me to a friends house to pick up some tickets to the UF vs. LSU game. The queen of "your bike looks great - why do you need to do anything else to it?" said, "I see why you're upset about that. It looks bad." I can laugh now, knowing that we are working on a solution.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 AM
jerry1313
Novice

Bought a pair of fender tip LED's from CD and when I installed them the rear was so bright it appeared to be an activated brake light all the time and, in my opinion, washed over the brake light. Front one was bright enough that you could not see my running lights very well. Tried to return them due to my safety concerns and was told since they'd been installed, and weren't defective, they're mine. They have good products but if you buy something and are not satisfied with it too bad.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jerry1313
They have good products but if you buy something and are not satisfied with it too bad.
...that's how most companies operate dumbass. Just because you buy something, use it once, and don't like it doesn't mean you can return it.

You going to buy an apple, take a bite, and then try to return it because you don't like it? This is the aftermarket parts world, not Walmart.

Last edited by stupid_rope; 03-24-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics - Never Again for Me