Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics - Never Again for Me

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 PM
customd
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not saying we could not of handled this situation better, but the LED bulb we sent to FloridaFLHX was at no cost. I also offered FloridaFLHX the following after he sent me a email earlier tonight, again, not saying we could not do better but we did try to make it better for him. Thanks Dave - Custom Dynamics

Hi, I am sorry you had a bad experience.We have tried many incandescent
bulbs but they all have a hint of orange to them. Although we do sell a good
number of these and 99% of the customers do not have issues with them, I
agree with your assessment that they are on the orange side.

Regarding the LED replacement bulbs, these small bulbs do not have license
plate illumination as you found out, I do see that we gave you the bulb for
free and that you paid for the next day air shipment.
As you stated the best, and we should be recommending this to our customers,
solution is a complete LED taillight such as our Genesis II LED taillights.
I am not sure why we did not take you up on your offer to trade in your
incandescent lens for the complete unit, except that we do not normally take
back product that has been installed, however there are always exceptions.

I did read you post about the LED turn signals being pink and that one I do
not understand. Our LED clusters are Red and will emit Red through a Red,
Smoked, or Clear lens so that one has me confused, if you can give me some
more detail, I can help you work that issue out.

I would like to offer you one of our Genesis II LED taillights at no cost.
If you do not want the unit and are done with us I understand. Custom
Dynamics has always strived to be #1 in customer service, we are not perfect
and mistakes do happen, however we would like to make this right for you and
attempt to make this a more positive experience for you as we believe that
customer service and a customers experience with our company are of the
utmost importance. Again if you are done with us I understand, but if you
would like to give us a chance to try to make this right for you we will
send you a Genesis II LED tailight of your choice at no cost and if you let
me know what is going on with your turn signals we can try to rectify that
situation also.

Thanks Dave

Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I got the led replacements front and rear for my bike with the plug-n-play load equalizer. First the load equalizer didn't work, called support, everything they told me to do didn't work. Replaced it with Badlands load equalizer - very happy now. Next, one of the front led clusters develops a short and blows the fuse (takes me 3 fuses to track down the problem). Decided I'm tired of dealing with CD junk and got all new Radianz led replacements (tore out the CD junk).

Old 10-07-2010, 11:59 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is my reply via email to Custom Dynamics:

Dave,

Thank you so much for your gracious response. First, let me clarify my statement about the pink lights. Those are not LEDs, but were the second order I placed - for red incandescent lights for the turn signals. I inquired about the silver-coated or chrome-tipped bulbs, but the sales rep suggested the natural red, which I ordered. These are the ones that look pink-ish next to the others. Again, the lamps that came with the tour pack lenses look great.

As for the offer of the Genesis II, I would certainly love to try that solution, and am grateful for your offer. I would not be opposed at all to paying for the kit if the solution works - but did not want to pay for a complete kit in addition to the other items I purchased trying to make this work.

If you are still willing to send a Genesis II, I would like to try the smoke squareback, which I will continue to use with my chrome tail light collar to cover the license plate illumination window - unless you tell me this is a bad idea. I like the chrome collar, and that is why I have tried to stay with the squareback style.

With regard to the color-matching, I am at a loss on this one. I am planning to look for other red bulb possibilities at a rally I am attending tomorrow. If I cannot find an acceptable solution, I will purchase a load equalizer and change to LED turn signals. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks again for your response. I will hope to hear from you quickly, as I was planning to look for an LED tail light solution tomorrow.

I am posting your generous response at HD Forums.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:12 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

custom dynamics...looks like your trying, send me a set up of leds and I promise I won't whine and I'll praise you

Old 10-08-2010, 05:21 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaFLHX
Here is my reply via email to Custom Dynamics:

Dave,

Thank you so much for your gracious response. First, let me clarify my statement about the pink lights. Those are not LEDs, but were the second order I placed - for red incandescent lights for the turn signals. I inquired about the silver-coated or chrome-tipped bulbs, but the sales rep suggested the natural red, which I ordered. These are the ones that look pink-ish next to the others. Again, the lamps that came with the tour pack lenses look great.

As for the offer of the Genesis II, I would certainly love to try that solution, and am grateful for your offer. I would not be opposed at all to paying for the kit if the solution works - but did not want to pay for a complete kit in addition to the other items I purchased trying to make this work.

If you are still willing to send a Genesis II, I would like to try the smoke squareback, which I will continue to use with my chrome tail light collar to cover the license plate illumination window - unless you tell me this is a bad idea. I like the chrome collar, and that is why I have tried to stay with the squareback style.

With regard to the color-matching, I am at a loss on this one. I am planning to look for other red bulb possibilities at a rally I am attending tomorrow. If I cannot find an acceptable solution, I will purchase a load equalizer and change to LED turn signals. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks again for your response. I will hope to hear from you quickly, as I was planning to look for an LED tail light solution tomorrow.

I am posting your generous response at HD Forums.

I'd take them up on that offer. The Genesis is a great tail light. Very bright and has a lifetime warranty on LED failure. Also give the Street Magic LED clusters for your signals a try. They are very bright and also have a lifetime warranty. They are color accurate too. LOL I would HIGHLY recommend getting a Biketronics Smart Equalizer for a load eq though. Top notch product and it carries a lifetime warranty as well. You can get them through any Drag Specialties retailer.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have used a lot of Custom Dynamics stuff and only had a problem with one thing. The new rear fender tip light for the 09 UC leaked. They took care of the problem without any question. The one they sent me in return stopped working. They took care of it also. They stood up and took care of their problems. That's all I expect from a business.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:24 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I have never had any issues with Custom Dynamics and run thier products on my bike. I haven't gotten down with a color chart to check my tail light color but they look red to me and they are bright as hell, you can't please everybody no matter how hard you try to...I know this from experiance.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:52 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased the run/turn/ brake module along with the LED replacement signal lights front and rear. I have only one complaint and the tech at CD assured me there is not problem. That simply is the static over the FM radio while activating the signal lights while listening to a distant station. I'm well satisfied with CD and it seems as if they are trying their best to rectify the OP's problem.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:01 AM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teedubya
I purchased the run/turn/ brake module along with the LED replacement signal lights front and rear. I have only one complaint and the tech at CD assured me there is not problem. That simply is the static over the FM radio while activating the signal lights while listening to a distant station. I'm well satisfied with CD and it seems as if they are trying their best to rectify the OP's problem.
I get no static with my new Radianz lights from Badlands. I did have the same problem with FM interference with the CD lights that I had before one went bad and I replaced them all.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:06 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear I run their Genesis II LED taillight and it works perfectly. I had no problems dealing with them. Maybe take Dave up on his offer.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics - Never Again for Me