Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO Remove & Twin Cam It ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the EVO...Loved my 97 RK with it...Mine was carbed and changed out to the Mikuni and it was a blast..

Old 10-08-2010, 03:18 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool thing about evos is you can replace them with any aftermarket evo style motor, S&S, ultima... I'd say get a 100" plus ultima motor for cheap and throw it in there if you need a new motor. Or hell get an el bruto 127 in there and you d be set
Kevin where in the internet would you find these engines? Are they expensive? OR are they a resonable and reliable engine to put in? Most people who have done extensive work on EVO's have had issue's with the MM F.I. I have gone to a couple of HD dealers and they all say that MM is an issue if you have a worked engine or are going to do it?
Those engines fit right in and how are they with the Trans ? Does that have to be switched also ?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:36 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by legendzzz
Kevin where in the internet would you find these engines? Are they expensive? OR are they a resonable and reliable engine to put in? Most people who have done extensive work on EVO's have had issue's with the MM F.I. I have gone to a couple of HD dealers and they all say that MM is an issue if you have a worked engine or are going to do it?
Those engines fit right in and how are they with the Trans ? Does that have to be switched also ?
That right there seems to be the issue. The "old" mechanics were not familiar with FI when it came out. Many weren't to enthusiastic about learning.
To the young guys EVOs are old motors. They are familiar with the Twinkies.
Find a reputable indy in your area.
Sounds like the bike is in great shape, what is wrong with the engine?