Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Monster do you like better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010 | 07:30 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior

I really liked the Twin Slash the first time I saw them on a bike. I came home that day and went to Vance & Hine's website to price them But then I saw the Monster Ovals with the black tips, and ended up buying them. I'm very happy with the way they look and sound.

I've heard people complain about the chrome tips on the Monster Ovals, do the Twin Slash have the same problem?

Old 10-06-2010 | 07:32 AM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain

My buddy has the monster ovals and I have the twin slash. Both are a great set of pipes as far as sound volume. Really like my twin slash.

Old 10-06-2010 | 07:33 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

M/O's with black tips on a black bike......

After that it's a coin toss, would like to see the slash tip in real life. I think those might be next for the wife's white/blue bike.

Old 10-06-2010 | 08:24 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Doesn't anyone have an opinion on which looks better? Everything else being the same, which end style do you think looks better?
Regular...they have a cleaner look to them.

Old 10-06-2010 | 08:48 AM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior

Monster ovals get my vote. I run Sampson Ovals and they are pretty rich sounding and do get loud above three grand.

Old 10-06-2010 | 11:29 AM
Ozoneman
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I'd go with the Monster Ovals, I know exactly what they sound like and they are awesome. (without being loud)
But if you knew they sounded the same, would you pick the Twin Slash Monster Ovals or the regular Monster Ovals?

Old 10-06-2010 | 12:00 PM
Saint666
Tourer

MY SG is black denim and i bought the Black MO with chrome ends.For me its the best looking one.BUT, it all depends in the bike/color.

Cheers!

Old 10-06-2010 | 12:04 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer

In my very objective opinion the regular ovals look best.....look manly.....look intelligent....look more expensive......look like they would sound awesome.....did I mention I have them on my bike?

Fact is the slash cuts look fine to me too. When I get carbon build up on my tips I just use fine steel wool and it wipes right off with no damage to the inner tip surface.....which I assume is stainless steel.

VR

Old 10-06-2010 | 12:31 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

For me it's the Twin Slash M/O's I like the original M/O's but when they came out with the Twin Slash I decided that I preferred the Twin Slash over the originals.

Old 10-06-2010 | 12:37 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Doesn't anyone have an opinion on which looks better? Everything else being the same, which end style do you think looks better?
The Regular MO's look much better to me, but then again, I prefer dark headed women too.

Quick Reply: Which Monster do you like better?