Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona bike week

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 05:20 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
You are subject to the laws of the state and or municipality you are driving or riding in regardless of laws where the vehicle is registered. With your logic, a person riding a motorcycle registered in Florida and possessing a valid Florida mc license would not be required to wear a helmet while riding in Georgia.
I would say using your logic riding my motorcycle in California is illegal because it does not have the California emissions package however, I talked to the Under Sheriff this afternoon and he wants me to buy you a beer.

I’m going to talk to the State Trooper before I commit to anything more than domestic draft as the Under Sheriff backed off when I gave him the examples of a 16 year old driving in another state that requires an individual to be 17 to obtain a license and a car from California with, legal in CA nerf bars, being legal when driving in a state where stock bumpers are required.

The problem is that an officer can ticket you for whatever he wants to ticket you for and you have to come back to where ever to fight the ticket and the vast majority of municipal judges will find you guilty just because you are in their court. I would go on but this isn’t a political board.

Most of what I have seen people getting stopped for in Daytona over the years is flagrant speeding and looking like a dirt bag but that will get you nailed where ever you ride. Oh yes, the meter maids are death on parking in a residential spot.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:51 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SA315B
I’m going to talk to the State Trooper before I commit to anything
Not sure why you are repeatedly arguing this. I'll make it very simple. You are subject to laws of the state you are in....not what state you are born in, or live in, or whatever.

You visit a state, you are subject to their laws. If they have a law against high handlebars, being from another state doesn't give you a free pass in their state. It's the same thing with tint laws, CCW laws, noise ordinance laws, and every other law on the state's or a particular community's books.

Stop trying to argue the point by talking to a sheriff, a state trooper, your cousin, or whoever. You want to know the truth, call a lawyer in the state in question, or visit your local law library.

Sorry, but these assumptions of "I can do whatever I want, because "my state allows it, but the state I visit doesn't" don't work...no matter how much you want it to.

Case closed. Deliver the guy his very nice imported beer

Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Brettcr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok... i know i am not an expert but i don't think this is a good example at all:

"...backed off when I gave him the examples of a 16 year old driving in another state that requires an individual to be 17 to obtain a license..."

I think the law is you cannot drive without a valid drivers license. Example being, in South Carolina you use to be able to get your License at 15. North Carolina was 16. You drive across the state line and your legal. It's not when you are able to get the license, it's that you have a valid license. Who cares what the age is. The police will not look for the age, they will look to see if it is a true license and not a fake.

Now, i'm not a police officer, just common sense in my eyes. Of course i know this was just an example but i can definitely attest to the fact that no matter what you do you are still held to the laws of the city\county\state you are in.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:05 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by shore
You don't get tickets here in Daytona unless you want one. No eye protection will get you one for sure though. Lot of people forget to bring clear glasses for the night ride home. Dark glasses at night or no glasses is a no-no. Riding like an azz will get you a trophy also. The city is tired of the noise and Bs. Daytona Beach Shores has always been bad. You can't be a scumbag and roll through there.

I've lived here many years and always had sportbikes. This will be my 1st time on a Harley. I'm a bit excited.
Oh yeh. Avoid Port Orange, and South Daytona (differant town than Daytona Beach) on Nova Road...
and Do NOT speed down highway A1A through Daytona Shores (south of Daytona Beach).....anytime of year.
Daytona (and Volusia County) want everyone to have a good time..but there are allot of non-riders...that bitch to the county/city councils. You may come here to raise hell...
but don't bitch when residents 'bitch'....and when residents bitch to higher-ups?
**** rolls down hill.
Ride like a jerk...bring a shovel.
I can ride buy someone stopped by a cop...and say to myself: "Yup, you probably deserved it." (using myself as a model)

chuck (Live here...done that)

Old 12-30-2010, 02:57 AM
drmichealj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring a snowsuit if it's anything like last year! It was cold

Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Nitro-Fish
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shore
You don't get tickets here in Daytona unless you want one. No eye protection will get you one for sure though. Lot of people forget to bring clear glasses for the night ride home. Dark glasses at night or no glasses is a no-no. Riding like an azz will get you a trophy also. The city is tired of the noise and Bs. Daytona Beach Shores has always been bad. You can't be a scumbag and roll through there.

I've lived here many years and always had sportbikes. This will be my 1st time on a Harley. I'm a bit excited.
Some states have the either/or law concerning eye protection; either a windshield or eye protection but don't require both. For Daytona you must wear eye protection even with a windshield, and yes you better have both!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:31 AM
2D3K1H1B1HIM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was at bike week 2 years ago guy got the horizontal ticket after an argument with local cops $999.00........ he left and said he'd never come back.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey - look for me if you come. I'm the guy on the black pearl Street Glide. I'm sure I'll be the only one.

Or maybe not.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:22 PM
bbs15
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey FloridaFLHX, I think I saw you there last year.