Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ-Up Center Stand vs. Harley Center Stand (PN 91573-09A)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 06:17 AM
ppilotmike
Road Captain
Received 106 Likes on 57 Posts

EZ-up here, been on the bike a couple years now. I would buy from them again. Negatives, with premium 12" shocks the "street Glide" version was lacking a bit of height, welded a 1/4" shoe to the bottom and that fixed my problem, I guess I would like to see the bottom adjustable. On the roads here in Michigan I get occasional "banging" from the lift, fixed that by gluing a piece of rubber where it contacts. Pluses, way easier maintenance and with a piece of wood under it cleaning wheels is a breeze. Thanks EZ-up for a great product! Mike

Old 11-11-2015, 09:36 PM
THE PEG
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cass
have one of the E-Z ups on my 2013. i bought it for my 2010 but for some reason it wouldn't go on. it went on my ultra classic limited in no time at all. installation took about 2 minutes. nice to know about the transmission fluid. guess i'll remove it prior to taking it up to the dealer for my 1000 mile service.

cass
You can change your transmission fluid with it on. The fluid does not go all over the place, 15 Limited.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfish_Oh
Are any of you guys having cornering issues with the EZ-up? I am grinding mine in corners, bike is original. one up or 2 up doesn't really matter, smooth or rough corners(I am trying to ride this $$$$$ Cadillac like the $ Ferrari I sold). can my shocks leak down that fast and/or lower the bike enough to scrape?. taller speed bumps are impossible to cross.
Yes, I like to ride in a sporting manner and it reduced my cornering clearance to a degree that I found unacceptable even with decent aftermarket shocks so now I just use it as a maintenance stand. Those who take it very easy or live in flat areas with lots of straight roads would probably be fine with it.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:00 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 237 Posts

Based on the feedback in this thread, I just ordered one. If anyone is interested, Wheeldock has it on sale for $269.00 with free shipping.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:30 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

Thrilled with my ezup.

prime use in the garage where I have multiple bikes- straight up means more room to move around.

makes wash day easier

mine came from a forum member used.

good info on their website.
I do like the ride off and use that all the time, the bike goes up on the stand easy with pressure from my heel.

I had t grind a little off the feet to get a better traction for the ride off when on smooth/slick concrete. asphalt was no problem.

5 minute install

cornering clearance on the road has been fine- I do have to take the curbing at my driveway at a lesser angle to reduce scrapping.
no big deal

A big thumbs up from me and I am cheep- I don't cover my bike(s) with useless geegaws.

( I do buy a fair amount of stuff and try it- if useless to me I resell)

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 11-12-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,371 Likes on 19,133 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
Thrilled with my ezup.

prime use in the garage where I have multiple bikes- straight up means more room to move around.

makes wash day easier

mine came from a forum member used.

good info on their website.
I do like the ride off and use that all the time, the bike goes up on the stand easy with pressure from my heel.

I had t grind a little off the feet to get a better traction for the ride off when on smooth/slick concrete. asphalt was no problem.

5 minute install

cornering clearance on the road has been fine- I do have to take the curbing at my driveway at a straighter angle to reduce scrapping.
no big deal

Mike
I do have to take the curbing at my driveway at a straighter angle to reduce scrapping.
no big deal .
.. this is the ONLY limitation I've encountered with mine and I'm a hard rider ... Several trips on the Dragon, ( two up ) and all the other great rides and have never drug the stand ... Now the floorboards are a different story :>)

Old 11-12-2015, 12:49 PM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

How much do these stands cost?

Old 11-12-2015, 12:56 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

as in the post above $269 on sale at the wheeldock website.

used price is lesser if you can find one.

they have different versions depending on suspension height- this is important

mike

Old 11-12-2015, 01:19 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ppilotmike
EZ-up here, been on the bike a couple years now. I would buy from them again. Negatives, with premium 12" shocks the "street Glide" version was lacking a bit of height, welded a 1/4" shoe to the bottom and that fixed my problem, I guess I would like to see the bottom adjustable. On the roads here in Michigan I get occasional "banging" from the lift, fixed that by gluing a piece of rubber where it contacts. Pluses, way easier maintenance and with a piece of wood under it cleaning wheels is a breeze. Thanks EZ-up for a great product! Mike

They do not make a version for the SG that comes standard with the shorter shocks?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:22 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by bill_1202
They do not make a version for the SG that comes standard with the shorter shocks?
Not sure which Street Glide you're referring to but they list a model for all Street Glides with stock suspension on their site:
Street Glide FLHX 09-13 CS-09L
Street Glide FLHX 14-16 CS-09L-2
Street Glide Special FLHXS 14-16 CS-09L
Street Glide FLHX 06-08 CS-2
Street Glide CVO FLHXSE 15-16 CS-09L-4
Street Glide CVO FLHXSE 10 CS-09L-4
Street Glide CVO FLHXSE 11-12 CS-09L-4

Quick Reply: EZ-Up Center Stand vs. Harley Center Stand (PN 91573-09A)