Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ-Up Center Stand vs. Harley Center Stand (PN 91573-09A)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:26 PM
wingman05
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Using the HD centerstand, I was never able to put it on the centerstand while still on the motorcycle like some can with the EZ-UP, but then again, the rear wheel is off the ground. I would use the jiffy stand to dismount, then holding the left handlebar and the left rear saddlebag protection bar, pull to the rear. Never a problem

Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 AM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TooEasy
Could I use my J&S jack with either one of these stands? Or does the mount interfere with the use of the jack?

Thanks,
I have a Pit Bull jack which I hear is nearly identical to the J&S and I place a piece of 5/8" plywood on the front platform of the jack to level my RKC with the EZ-Up center stand. The bike seemed solid on the jack without the wood but was not level.

As stated before, the H-D centerstand will NOT work with the H-D premium oil cooler and you can go up onto the EZ-Up stand while still in the seat and can usually drive off the stand.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:35 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

have one of the E-Z ups on my 2013. i bought it for my 2010 but for some reason it wouldn't go on. it went on my ultra classic limited in no time at all. installation took about 2 minutes. nice to know about the transmission fluid. guess i'll remove it prior to taking it up to the dealer for my 1000 mile service.

cass

Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 AM
boom23
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cass
have one of the E-Z ups on my 2013. i bought it for my 2010 but for some reason it wouldn't go on. it went on my ultra classic limited in no time at all. installation took about 2 minutes. nice to know about the transmission fluid. guess i'll remove it prior to taking it up to the dealer for my 1000 mile service.

cass

I just installed the E-Z UP on my '09. It would not go on until I ground off some of the square lip edge. The lip was about 1/16" too wide and was hitting on the frame. It now fits well.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Redcrow
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI. I purchased the rivco center stand for my bike! IMHO it is a high quality stand, and looks better than the EZ up, only thing was they said I could use the drive off feature on my 09 SG but that won't work. Raises the back tire too high? It also has adjustable feet, but that doesn't help going down! Now with that said I just installed ultra air shocks for more travel, and now works great.. I would take a good look at it.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Rustell
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
I can't speak for the Harley stand, but you have to remove the EZ-Up to drain the transmission. If you don't, the fluid goes everywhere.
Never had any problems draining my transmission...
I like that with the Easy-Up stand I can raise my bike while I'm still in the saddle and when it's time to leave ...just put it in gear an go....

Old 09-02-2012, 11:54 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Centerstand?, What will they come up with next? Just a matter of time before they have keyless security, stereo's and automatic cancelling signals. What is this world coming to?

Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Why would center stand interfere with the Oil Cooler.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:01 PM
trispeed
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the harley stand is unusable on the 2011 models. and yes I ordered and received the right one. No matter how it was adjusted, it fouled the exhaust crossover or had to be adjusted so low it would not raise the wheel off the ground at all, useless for me.:-(
I gear ricor works well......

Old 09-02-2012, 03:51 PM
harleydude-fla
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Ditto on the Harley Stand. I HAD one on my '09 Ultra and the last time I attempted to put it on the stand, the left and right legs on the stand went different ways causing the bike to fall over. The interconnecting shaft on the Harley stand broke and there is no repair parts available for it. Harley was always a Pain in the _ss to use too. I am 100% happy with my EZ-UP stand though, wish I hadn't wasted the $$$ on the Harley "Junk". Harley Stand also a pain to install, EZ-UP is a piece of cake. Easy enough to take off if you wish to remove it for servicing the transmission but I leave mine on and don't have any problems getting to the drain plug. Give EZ-UP a call to order and mention this forum to them, I did and got a 10% discount on the purchase.

Quick Reply: EZ-Up Center Stand vs. Harley Center Stand (PN 91573-09A)