Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Header Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:01 PM
KevinMcC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Header Question

I have a 2010 Limited I bought this spring. Just about to turn 9000 miles. Getting ready to take the cat out. I have a set of Kuryakan Crusher slip on's on it now, which I really do like. Already changed out the air breather and added a fuel managment cell to it. Bike runs good as it is now, just hotter than I like it, want to cool it down some.

Thought I would use their header's as well. They make true duals as well as something with a "power cell." What's a power cell and what is the idea behind it? Looks just like the cat chamber on the bike now where the exhaust from both cylinders mixes before going out the back. Looks to me like you would loose some of the back pressure with it and maybe a little low end torque.

I'm leaning more towards true duals, but want to understand the power cell concept before I pull the trigger. Both are bunged for the O2 sensors.

What's the difference besides price?

Kevin

Old 10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
stev394
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The claim is that the cross over forces more air through the exhaust due to the set up...Personally having seen dyno runs with many types of exhaust you are not gaining much if anything 95 percent of the time...If you want to run cooler readjust your fuel mgmt system that will take care of it. Price is the only difference.Good luck. If you want dyno charts let me know

Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 PM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stev394...would be interested to see the dyno charts you might have comparing two identical rigs with different headers...one with Kury true duals the other with the Kury "power cell" version with the crossover (or V&H Dresser Duals vs. V&H Power Duals). Curious about the difference.

Thinking about going with the crusher mufflers, new AC, and V&H Power duals on my FLHR.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:31 PM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As you can see from my sig...I went through with the Power Duals from V&H along with the Kury air cleaner and Kury pipes....looks and sounds great. From what I can tell, the true duals would have been a bit louder...but the power duals setup is plenty loud enough at idle and at cruise (a bit louder than stock) and barks very nicely when you crack the throttle. The butt dyno is happy with the difference over stock.