Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbings dual control

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:56 PM
halfbreed
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gerbings dual control

I was reading the other post on this subject and have a question, but did not want to "steal" his thread so:
I bought a Gerbings jacket liner, gloves, and a dual control. I have an 09 Road King. I have no problem with the wiring etc, but I am looking for suggestions as to where and how to secure the dual controller to the dash or whereever. One of my friends bought a dash pouch, which screws to the dash, for his 05 Road King and keeps his dual controller permanently mounted inside of the bag. He cut two holes in the bottom so the control ***** are exposed and just tucks the wires in the bag when he is not using it. I can't find a dash pouch for my bike. Any suggestions? I am looking at the new magnetic HD tank tote part #93300012. What do you think?
Thanks, Halfbreed

Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,017 Likes on 11,609 Posts

I keep my controller in the pocket of my chaps.......
or tucked in the inside pocket of my coat.

Personally, I'm not a fan of drilling holes in my dash...

Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck. I dealt with this last year with my dual controller....it is a PITA on where to put it and also trying to adjust the ***** with gloves on! I ended up using a zip tie and fastened it to the left/rear area of the seat (in between the the left saddlebag) on my RKC. I left it plugged there during the cold weather and would just plug in my jacket once I got on the bike. It was barely noticeable.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ybnorml
I keep my controller in the pocket of my chaps.......
or tucked in the inside pocket of my coat.

Personally, I'm not a fan of drilling holes in my dash...

Yep....that's what I do also. My plug is tucked up under the front of the seat. Can't even see when I am not using it.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default It's not that pretty ....but...

I just put a piece of velcro on the console and on the back of the controller. Really easy access and easy to remove. I just keep the controller in the saddlebag until needed.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Here is a link that I did last year..https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ank-mount.html

Old 10-05-2010, 05:39 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

clip it on, your chaps..... I clip it on my vest, or jacket pocket...if you go with a magnetic bag.... just clip it to the top, and avoid punching holes.
Turn the controller full on, when starting.... then lower as you go..... I rarely "play" with the settings after a half hour.... everything is toasty, and I'm riding....

Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had mine mounted on the tank with velcro once until I saw that it would create a problem to get off the bike without unzipping everything to get to where it connected inside the jacket. So most days I connect it to the belt on my riding jacket and just deal with the one connector.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor John
I had mine mounted on the tank with velcro once until I saw that it would create a problem to get off the bike without unzipping everything to get to where it connected inside the jacket. So most days I connect it to the belt on my riding jacket and just deal with the one connector.
Same here!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:04 AM
hdatontodo
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I clip mine to my right jacket pocket.

Also, I run the gloves on one connector and my jacket-liner and outer-pants on the other. I usually have my gloves on a higher setting. I accomplish this by connecting the gloves with a cable that runs up the sleeves and by connecting the jacket/pants with a Y cable to the same power source.

Tony
days: http://www.tontodonato.com

Quick Reply: Gerbings dual control