Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD CB installation comments/tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,171 Likes on 3,678 Posts
Default HD CB installation comments/tips

I am seriously contemplating installing a HD CB/intercom set up and wanted to hear from others that have tackled this....Problems, tips, positives, negatives...I currently have a J&M dual unit and would like a nicer looking set up...I am curious to hear from Y'all.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:28 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

expensive

Old 10-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I installed the Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (BAMI), pn 77108-09 in conjunction with installing the HK radio and CB module on my '04 EG and wrote-up the installation in this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...tra-glide.html

Since you have an '07, the installation would be largely plug and play (except for removing the gas tank to run the wire harness for the passenger connection and controls); you won't have the wiring issues I had with the handlebar switches or interconnect harness.

The BAMI kit essentailly allows you to have the CB/Intercom without the tour pak on the bike for the passenger headset connection/controls. The kit replicates what's on an Ultra except for the mode select switch for the passenger.

The BAMI kit works the same as an Ultra. It's a pricey proposition (purchasing the CB module, BAMI kit, etc.), but I wanted the clean installation, rather than the handlebar mounted J&M CB and everything works as intended.

Carl

Old 10-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I know it's not cheap ...i think i can get it for about $600...I think it would be worth it as much as i use the CB. Not the BAMI kit...i was gonna piece it together EBAY style....Install it in the Winter after i get all the components...

Last edited by Notgrownup; 10-03-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Recon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I know it's not cheap ...i think i can get it for about $600...I think it would be worth it as much as i use the CB. Not the BAMI kit...i was gonna piece it together EBAY style....Install it in the Winter after i get all the components...
Its well worth it ! i have it on my streetglide. Plug and play!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Recon
Its well worth it ! i have it on my streetglide. Plug and play!
Did you have to get the dealer to change anything after you finished...like the settings on the radio?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
I installed the Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (BAMI), pn 77108-09 in conjunction with installing the HK radio and CB module on my '04 EG and wrote-up the installation in this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...tra-glide.html

Since you have an '07, the installation would be largely plug and play (except for removing the gas tank to run the wire harness for the passenger connection and controls); you won't have the wiring issues I had with the handlebar switches or interconnect harness.

The BAMI kit essentailly allows you to have the CB/Intercom without the tour pak on the bike for the passenger headset connection/controls. The kit replicates what's on an Ultra except for the mode select switch for the passenger.

The BAMI kit works the same as an Ultra. It's a pricey proposition (purchasing the CB module, BAMI kit, etc.), but I wanted the clean installation, rather than the handlebar mounted J&M CB and everything works as intended.

Carl
Thanks man...this answered a lot of my questions....