Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

way to have music? flash drive?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 08:19 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default way to have music? flash drive?????

my i pods hard drive is broke!!!! had the classic 80gb one. looking for better alternatives and don't know about all this modern bs, how many songs does that lil chip thing hold? is that a flash drive, what about mp3 discs? any help appreciated, took me forever to download 500 songs from limewire and now they are all gone since I didn't back em up? any help appreciated. anybody wanna sell me some mp3's with southern rock or classic rock? Thanks

Old 10-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,170 Likes on 3,677 Posts

I have about 500 songs on a 4 gig MP3 player...

Old 10-02-2010, 09:07 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you use ITUNES to put your music on your IPOD ?? If so,.....your music is still on there. That's one of the nice things about ITUNES.

You do not have to purchase your music from ITUNES, to use it as your IPOD music manager.

Are your songs not saved in your LimeWire Library ??

Old 10-02-2010, 09:19 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Did you use ITUNES to put your music on your IPOD ?? If so,.....your music is still on there. That's one of the nice things about ITUNES.

You do not have to purchase your music from ITUNES, to use it as your IPOD music manager.

Are your songs not saved in your LimeWire Library ??
not sure if they are saved anywhere, I forgot how I downloaded em, I know it took forever and was a pain the ***. wish I had your stereo on my bike

Old 10-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Oldman Harley
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to start your MP3 collection---again---I use my Motorola V750 phone as my MP3 player it can handle 4,8 or 16GB SD cards, which is a ton of music and I have a handlebar mount and plug in to the Aux port. I believe the old classic Ipod had a real live hard drive in it and can't stand the vibration, you need something solid state like a phone or a flash drive for the vibes these bike put out.

Tim

Old 10-02-2010, 09:32 PM
artz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your 80 gig IPOD is not flash drive. Get you a sansa clip 4g or 8g. Inexpensive, well-built, flash drive, and has freat reviews.
OR ...better yet...go with a very small sirius radio set-up.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by artz
I think your 80 gig IPOD is not flash drive. Get you a sansa clip 4g or 8g. Inexpensive, well-built, flash drive, and has freat reviews.
my ipod was a hard drive, I was just looking at the nano but the sansa clip is alot cheaper, just wasn't sure if it was flash drive or hard
thanks for all the replies

Old 10-03-2010, 07:47 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I burn CD's in Data format..
Average about 9-11 hrs of music per disc.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:30 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by artz
I tried my SIRIUS satellite radio on my bike, but didn't like the sound quality I was getting. Had it hard wired with the AUX plug, but the sound quality was the lowest of any device I've tried.

I am using a 120GB IPOD. It has held up to the vibration for over a year now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. When/if this one takes a crap, I'll get a 16 GB Nano. I thought that I would need more than 16GB for my audio/video library, but.............boy was I wrong.

The 16 GB Nano should be plenty.

Sent leohd some tips om trying to find his 'library' on his CPU.

Also,.........maybe check with the Apple store, about data retrieval on your IPOD. Worth a shot...

Last edited by GLACIERPEARL; 10-03-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 856 Likes on 297 Posts

The new Gen of Ipods do not have a hard drive. So chances are you would have good luck with a Nano and a Gilbos handlebar mount. That is what I am using. As said you can get about 90 songs on a Cd disc loaded on as regular files. What I do not like about that is storing them in the bag eventually scratch them to hell in the cases.

Quick Reply: way to have music? flash drive?????