Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas mileage in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miami
You forgot to order your fuel in spanish...
Now that's funny.......

Old 10-02-2010, 07:01 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by miami
You forgot to order your fuel in spanish...
Quiero prueba de alto

Old 10-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Don't worry about bashing Florida. You'd have every right to do so! Actually, 'south' Florida is what you'd want to bash, it blows down here. And you only made it to the Panama Beach area? At least you can find a hill and oh-my-gosh, an actual curve from about the middle of the state and up.

When you guys post pics of REAL roads and whatnot? It kills me. Hell, Kansas laughs at how flat we are down here. About the only curves we see are Exit ramps and the endless bevy of fat chicks who once heard that a 'few extra pounds' can be sexy thinking it meant a 'few dozen extra pounds'!

That FL trip of yours was just to remind you of how blessed you are to live in such a beautiful area.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm getting all psyched up for a club ride tomorrow because there's rumors of 3, possibly 4 exit ramps just waiting to be 'tamed'!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:41 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

heheheehe yep the Fla Dragon 318 miles 11 curves. But we do ride year round, and there are plenty of hot chicks.

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Don't worry about bashing Florida. You'd have every right to do so! Actually, 'south' Florida is what you'd want to bash, it blows down here. And you only made it to the Panama Beach area? At least you can find a hill and oh-my-gosh, an actual curve from about the middle of the state and up.

When you guys post pics of REAL roads and whatnot? It kills me. Hell, Kansas laughs at how flat we are down here. About the only curves we see are Exit ramps and the endless bevy of fat chicks who once heard that a 'few extra pounds' can be sexy thinking it meant a 'few dozen extra pounds'!

That FL trip of yours was just to remind you of how blessed you are to live in such a beautiful area.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm getting all psyched up for a club ride tomorrow because there's rumors of 3, possibly 4 exit ramps just waiting to be 'tamed'!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 PM
strtarrow
Banned

I took a sweet ride today to Thomasville Georgia on some nice back road and came across an Indy shop. First thing I noticed was they sell Amsoil so I grabbed a quart. The guy working there talked my ear off about a number of things but when I went to check out I saw at the counter these bolltes of a product called Star Tron which claims to be an octane neutralizer.A bottle which appears to be about a half pint cost ten clams but treats 48 gallons. The guy couldn't say enough good about it.

On another note I have been using the Lucas octane boost since I got here and my mileage had indeed improved in spite of contradictions. Just for giggles my last tank I decided not to use it and filled up a nearly empty tank as a test. Well sorry naysayers but my mileage plummeted. While here I am looking forward to trying the Start Tron and will provide a report ASAP but that may be a week before I can do that, depending what I decide to do after church tomorrow. I might do 50 miles or 400, depends on my frame of mind.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:40 PM
WIKD1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best riding I've found in Central Fl is in and around Lake County. Some actual curves and altitude changes, albeit Fl altitude.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:56 PM
strtarrow
Banned

Originally Posted by WIKD1
The best riding I've found in Central Fl is in and around Lake County. Some actual curves and altitude changes, albeit Fl altitude.
Meridian Road is a nice putt up into Ga Runs into US 319 and enjoyed the trip.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
pinballparker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher

When you guys post pics of REAL roads and whatnot? It kills me. Hell, Kansas laughs at how flat we are down here. About the only curves we see are Exit ramps and the endless bevy of fat chicks

Old 10-09-2010, 10:17 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Originally Posted by Kumite
Octane boost will do nothing for milage.
Actually when compared to a lower octane fuel the higher octane will produce more horsepower thus giving theoretically improved mileage.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:36 AM
strtarrow
Banned

Not relevant but that is a Hooter's girl if I ever saw one!!!!!

quote=pinballparker;7391902][/quote]

Quick Reply: Gas mileage in Florida