Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 harleys

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:08 AM
roadkinging
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reading between the lines the op post says i went to dealer to look at a streetglide..... my wife said no so i am complaining that the bike doesnt fit me even tho there are several seats and bars and lowering kits to make this bike fit me...... wahahaha... your a sad strange little man.... show us some pic of the bike when you grow some *****

Old 10-03-2010, 11:10 AM
scooplove
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinging
reading between the lines the op post says i went to dealer to look at a streetglide..... my wife said no so i am complaining that the bike doesnt fit me even tho there are several seats and bars and lowering kits to make this bike fit me...... wahahaha... your a sad strange little man.... show us some pic of the bike when you grow some *****
Was this really necessary? Talk about sad. You're just another one of those people that cut others down to make themselves feel better. Seems like you're the one with the problem. Self-proclaimed badass. Even your signature reinforces your self-esteem issues.

Back on topic. To the O.P., there are many things you can do to make a bike fit you. There are some good examples in this thread. So if you're determined to make it work out, you can. Good luck.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Angry

thank you buddy i was just trying to get some advise on the touring line. i do ride a harley fatboy lo not a honda like some people think lol. i guess i will stay on the softtail fourm.......

Old 10-03-2010, 11:54 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

roadkinging ...... Totally RUDE .... had a bad day ?

Old 10-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by KOJAX
thank you buddy i was just trying to get some advise on the touring line. i do ride a harley fatboy lo not a honda like some people think lol. i guess i will stay on the softtail fourm.......
Don't let one ******* run you off. We do have some nice guys here.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:02 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

FB in 96{15,000 miles} - WG in 2000 {15000 miles} - EG in 04{50,000) (stock height with Corbin) and loving it = 60 years old and 5"6" - fits like a glove & I ride two up 95+% of the time

Old 10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would really like to know how tall the O.P. is.... I'm 5'6" with 30" inseam.. and i ride a 2010 SG with a bone stock setup, stock bars, stock seat, stock shocks, stock forks...
I am almost flat footed (will be when i upgrade to a CVO 2011 seat)..and i have NO problem handling the bike..
Let me (or us) know what the problem is.. ALOT of guys on the forum have ALOT of knowledge and experience with setting up these touring bikes to fit...

Old 10-03-2010, 04:04 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonnetje
i think you create a problem for yourself
i am 5' 5" and put the close reach gunfighter seat on it
and wo 518 bars
lowering the bike front 1inch
and the rear sg shocks (almost a inch shorther)
and no problems to hold the bike or turn the bike
in any situation or movement'
once it rols its feel like a pocketbike to
I had the same bike setup as this on a road king classic. Make a note that these bars or the 508's are very much more relaxing than stock bars. I had a sundowner seat though but have heard that reach seats will move you forward some or just get the adjustable rider backrest to keep you forward in the seat. I still felt as if I was on the bike (top heavy is a good way to say this) vs in the bike (which is why i went back to a street glide). As far as stock tourers the new road glide custom or the street glide is gonna fit a smaller stature person imho. Ride all the tourers first and see what feels the best. I bet the street glide will feel best as stock though.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:06 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooplove
Was this really necessary? Talk about sad. You're just another one of those people that cut others down to make themselves feel better. Seems like you're the one with the problem. Self-proclaimed badass. Even your signature reinforces your self-esteem issues.

Back on topic. To the O.P., there are many things you can do to make a bike fit you. There are some good examples in this thread. So if you're determined to make it work out, you can. Good luck.
ditto, who's the sad little man really?