Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatCat 2-1 baffles

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 AM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FatCat 2-1 baffles

I thought the wrapped baffle was too loud so i ordered the wrapped concentric 159.00. The wrapped baffle was wide open if you looked up in the exhaust you could see the two open headpipes. Anyone change to the wrapped concentric? D&D said it is for just a stock motor but i think it flows more than a nightstick slipon with a stock gutted headpipe. Talk about fun getting a baffle out of a FatCat. I used a belt sander and rolled the new baffle on it so it pushes in there easier not dealing with that fit again.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:03 PM
pmcburne
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This seems strange to me. I put a Fatcat 2:1 on my 07 RoadKing and found it way too quiet. Not much louder than stock actually. I pulled the baffle and took off the wrapping . Now it is a bit louder but still not where I want it.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:10 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

what he said
Originally Posted by pmcburne
This seems strange to me. I put a Fatcat 2:1 on my 07 RoadKing and found it way too quiet. Not much louder than stock actually. I pulled the baffle and took off the wrapping . Now it is a bit louder but still not where I want it.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:15 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Boss FatCat 2into1

This pipe is very loud with the wrapped baffle are we talking about the same pipe? It is very close to straight pipes if you look in the end.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:23 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Per Leonard at D&D (I realize he's gone, but this is still the company line), the concentric baffle is for nothing more radical than a Stage 1 96. When I told them I was running it on my FLHTK, they exchanged it for a wrapped perforated baffle....and damn near insisted that I take it. It's certainly louder at idle and cruise, but not obnoxious.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:06 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Leonards gone?

Originally Posted by '05Train
Per Leonard at D&D (I realize he's gone, but this is still the company line), the concentric baffle is for nothing more radical than a Stage 1 96. When I told them I was running it on my FLHTK, they exchanged it for a wrapped perforated baffle....and damn near insisted that I take it. It's certainly louder at idle and cruise, but not obnoxious.
Where did he go? I spoke with Fuel Moto and they said that the wrapped concentric flows well and i did not need a map change going from the wrapped perforated. Ill bet that it flows as well as some of the other systems people are using on non stock motors. It felt like i lost some low end with the wrapped perforated .

Old 10-01-2010, 07:25 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
Where did he go? I spoke with Fuel Moto and they said that the wrapped concentric flows well and i did not need a map change going from the wrapped perforated. Ill bet that it flows as well as some of the other systems people are using on non stock motors. It felt like i lost some low end with the wrapped perforated .
With all due respect to Fuel Moto, BS. When I swapped baffles, I did a V-Tune run, and made changes to every cell. There is no question that you'll have to remap. There is a substantial difference in both heat and power with the wrapped perforated baffle.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:48 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,830 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
This pipe is very loud with the wrapped baffle are we talking about the same pipe? It is very close to straight pipes if you look in the end.
No, different pipe on the 07. That pipe was quiet compared to the Fat Cat for the 09+... I've had both and the 09 pipe with the "standard" baffle will blow your ears out. The wrapped baffle was only a tad bit quieter. Still friggin loud. The Concentric baffle is much quieter.

I imagine putting a more restrictive baffle in would not require a retune just as Jamie from Fuelmoto has stated. Least it did not on my bike.
The bike might have run a little richer but not enough to require a dyno run or retune. I'll go with what Jamie says...cause it makes sense.

lp

Old 10-01-2010, 09:30 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Baffle changes

Originally Posted by '05Train
With all due respect to Fuel Moto, BS. When I swapped baffles, I did a V-Tune run, and made changes to every cell. There is no question that you'll have to remap. There is a substantial difference in both heat and power with the wrapped perforated baffle.
Well i hope that its not that big of a problem i just want it a little quieter and am using a pcv now. I have the SE tuner with Smarttune but haven't tried that yet. I just want it to sound and run half decent not trying to extract every ounce of power out of it.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:51 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lp
No, different pipe on the 07. That pipe was quiet compared to the Fat Cat for the 09+... I've had both and the 09 pipe with the "standard" baffle will blow your ears out. The wrapped baffle was only a tad bit quieter. Still friggin loud. The Concentric baffle is much quieter.

I imagine putting a more restrictive baffle in would not require a retune just as Jamie from Fuelmoto has stated. Least it did not on my bike.
The bike might have run a little richer but not enough to require a dyno run or retune. I'll go with what Jamie says...cause it makes sense.

lp
I thought that there was different FatCats cause the one for my 2010 with the wrapped concentric is too damn loud. I understand that the more restrictive concentric baffle is going to change afr needs some but what will i gain or lose not adjusting for it on a 800lb touring bike with a 68hp 96ci motor I started off with a stock head pipe i cut in half and gutted the cat out of with a nightstick on the end. I got a map for fuel motos 2into1 headpipe for the pcv and it ran fine. Not doing too much racing with the HD touring bike.

Quick Reply: FatCat 2-1 baffles