Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Bithand1
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it the grip or just the clutch lever? If it is primarily the clutch lever there is an anti vibration tab integrated into the lever. Look from the end of the lever with the lever at eye level. You may see a little rub mark on the inside bottom of the housing and a silver screw that threads towards the top of lever. Mine did this and it was simply the screw had backed out. Still trying to get it in order. Another issue may be clutch adjustment. I'm fighting that right now as well.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Fuzzy-1
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought a 2011 and the left side of the handlebar vibrates when I take the hand off. Planning to ask the dealer when I take it to install the lowering kit. Will adv.

Fuzzy...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:54 AM
LADNAR
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fuzzy-1
I just bought a 2011 and the left side of the handlebar vibrates when I take the hand off. Planning to ask the dealer when I take it to install the lowering kit. Will adv.

Fuzzy...
Same thing on my 2011 SG.
Mine started the first time I took my left hand off the bars. I ride 1 handed a lot, so I was probably 5 or 10 miles away from the dealer.

I've had mine back to the dealer three times now to be adjusted, and it is still vibrating. It drives me nuts at highway speeds. As soon as the snow melts, I'll take it back in again...

Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you know.....folks may be on to sometihng here. I did replace the grips soon after I finished with the brackets replacement. I also adjusted the clutch cable after the new grips were installed.

I do not notice any addtional vibration while riding...jsut visually at idle. Maybe I will back off the cable 1/8" or so and see if it has any effect. Maybe engine vibration coming up through cable....who knows.

As soon as it gets warmer than -2 I will tear into it. I really need to get heat in the garage.......

I will post update in a few weeks I hope. If it ever warms up around here.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:12 PM
cooper57M
Tourer

08 sg. my left lever vibrates when i decelerate in gear. the motor rock and rolls, i would think a lot of other parts will follow suit.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Does that model have the rubber vibration isolators under the bar mounts? I've replaced those before on another bike, and it does make a big difference.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
whistlebritches
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine did too....dont know what fixed it but here's a list of things i did.....TrueTrac complete system(under tranny, front mount, & swingarm bushings)....installed and properly adjusted King Kong Klutch from Baker...trued the drivetrain to the frame(done with a special HD tool that i borrowed)....got a great tune(poor tuning causes vibration)...balanced the tires again....fixed the fairing brackets again along with the speaker brackets too....and stopped riding with anyone who does not have a rubber mounted drivetrain(cause they always tell me my motors shakin)...mine stopped, but like i said, i dunno what fixed it

Old 02-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Fuzzy-1
Cruiser

After the dealer did the 1K maintenance and installed V&H Bigshots and the tuner, the vibration is not as noticeable. The dealer said to ride it with the new exhaust for sometime and then take it back to them if vibration is too much.

Fuzzy..

Last edited by Fuzzy-1; 02-21-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghosteh
Does that model have the rubber vibration isolators under the bar mounts? I've replaced those before on another bike, and it does make a big difference.
I would definately check the bolts going through the isolators. On one of the forums, a guy had the bars fall off while he was on the side of the road. It turns out that one bolt had been broken for some time and the other had just broken.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Fuzzy-1
Cruiser

Where do I find the rubber and the isolators?

Thanks,
Fuzzy...

Quick Reply: FLHX vibration