Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

San Antonio area ride suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Dogpound29
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
Where you really want to go is the hill country, mainly the Bandera, Texas area. The rides are great and I don't know of any place in the area that is not biker friendly (motorcycles are a big part of the customer base throughout the summer).

I have never stayed there, but I have been by a place called Koyote Ranch (www.koyoteranch.com) that looks like a cool place to stay. There is also a little motorcycle only hotel in Leaky, Texas called D'Rose Inn (www.droseinn.com). Nothing fancy, but the atmosphere is nice.

You can also take a ride to Luckenbach, Texas. A lot of bikers visit this location for good music and cold drinks.

Ride safe.
+1 for Hill Country, the Twisted Sisters, Bandera and Koyote Ranch. Have breakfast at the OST in Bandera...really cool place with terrific food. Koyote Ranch is a great place to stay. The have some nice cabins for that alone time you guys will need! ;-)

Last but not least, make sure and go to Lukenbach Texas, where everyone is someone!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Thanks all that have given their advice/recommendations for places to go and places to stop and visit and things to eat. Wifey is writting all this down and we will attempt to hit each one of them. I am not sure about the cabrero (goat) as I have eaten it several times in Iraq as well as sheep and they are both very greasy. I can say that wifey snarled her nose when I told her about the goat. LOL. We are quite adventurous and love the open road and seeing where that little turnoff will lead us. We are really looking forward to this trip. We have never ridden in this part of the country before but have heard nothing but good praises for it.

Thanks also to those that support what we do for our country. It is for you all that we continue to put ourselves in harms way for.

Thanks and God Bless

Old 09-30-2010, 10:05 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

check out the Ride Texas magazine website. this issue deals with 4 epic roads to ride in texas. thanksgiving day in s.a. try mi tierra downtown for turkey and dressing...yes it is a mexican food place, but they do a good turkey day plate also. for a longer ride, big bend is hard to beat. 350 miles out there, but lots to see. marathon, big bend nat'l park, alpine, marfa, and ft. davis. chisos mtn. lodge in big bend is nice and so is the indian lodge at ft. davis state park. lots of great riding and very peaceful.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One last thing, just because it is Texas be sure to pack warm cloths. The hill country can get cold during the winter months (30F-40F).

Old 10-01-2010, 10:22 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Yes we will be bringing warm gear. We have looked at each of the lodging places and they all look great. Now we will have to figure out which will be the best place or places to stay. Now we will be pacing the floor waiting for the time to leave.