Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:27 PM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running a dragula with a 3.05" baffle. Two words......kick ***.

That is all. Carry on

Old 07-22-2012, 06:27 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253
Call Frank and talk to him about the Dragula, if talking to him doesn't sell you on the pipe, I don't know what will.
+1 Call Frank about his pipe. Nice guy to talk to and he seems to know his way around a Harley...

Old 07-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We will be also be releasing some pretty cool info in the next month on some excellent changes coming from Fuel Moto/Jackpot exhaust, so stay tuned.....

Jamie,
Went to your web site and didn't see any changes. Have they came out yet besides the 2-1 exhaust?

Old 07-22-2012, 04:11 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Teardrop
Jamie,
Went to your web site and didn't see any changes. Have they came out yet besides the 2-1 exhaust?
While it is a a bit premature, the big news is that we will be opening our first off-site official "Fuel Moto Performance Center" which will be in Palm Beach, FL. We located a production facility there last winter for our Jackpot product which is now up and running and we are now working on assembling the resources to perform engine builds and dyno tuning at this location. We already have a Dynojet dyno there and we are working out the rest of the details. We hope to have everything ready by the end of the year and we will post additional info when available.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-22-2012, 04:12 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Bane1213
I am getting ready to whip out the credit card to get my 96 up to a 107 with b heads. Anyone out there use a se heavy breather? Local tuner stated sometimes he has trouble tuning with it over a stage 1 or AN big sucker. Like the look, but not worth it if it's hard to tune.
No issues with the Heavy Breather whatsoever

Old 08-03-2012, 10:14 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up Fuel Moto ROCKS!

Sorry this is a tad long - but it is well worth a read:

A testament to how true FM is about customer service. We left for WI from South Bend, IN on June 23, the plan was to drive up, hit the HD museum, then from there go on up through the Kettle Moraine and then on into Little Chute by Sunday. Drop off bike 1st thing Monday morning for Jamie and the boys to do their magic. They had one day to rip her down, do the build, install my Jagg Oil Cooler with Fan, test her, get the 2nd license from DynoJet for my Power Vision, tune her, and be ready for us to pick up Tuesday morning for us to pick it up and trek home.

Everything went according to plan until after we picked up the bike and started heading home... As we left I was very impressed by how well the bike felt and the pull she now had, and since I was pulling a trailer this made a HUGE difference. The bike just felt it had no issue with the load and even at hwy speeds when you got on her she pulled quickly! As we were heading home I couldn't believe the difference in traffic, I didn't even realize I had a trailer anymore!

So Then about an hour into our 6 hour ride home I was smelling oil burning as we rode, I just put it off as some car I must have been following... 2nd hour it was time to refuel both our bellies and the bike. After we parked and got off I notice oil everywhere on the back side of the bike and dripping down onto the ground…I was a little concerned and disappointed and a tad panicked. So I called Jamie and explained what was going on, he thought it was oil just coming out of the air cleaner or residual oil from the build burning off etc. I took some pictures with my iPhone and sent those off to them to look at as I explained that this was way more than just some left over oil from the build as it was now forming a puddle under my bike and it was everywhere. Once he got the pictures he immediately called me back and Jamie said to stay there and they would come and get the bike and get to the bottom of the issue and make it right. Now that is awesome that it was offered and he was wiling to drive 2 hours to come get us, but we had a time issue to get home - kids, businesses, and the like that I could not wait - he asked several good questions as we tried to determine where the oil was coming from - engine or tranny or what. We checked all the levels and the bike had plenty in her so we said we would finish the ride home and then try and remote repair it upon my return home to my garage. Jamie called me a couple times on our way to our next stop for me to check some other things on the bike to try and determine where all this oil is coming from. Last rest stop before home we wiped it all down to see if it was coming from a specific area, but still could not figure it out where this oil was coming from.

Upon our return home, Jamie called me again to make sure we were all AOK and to walk me through checking some other items, as a side note during ALL these calls Jamie assured me that no mater what they will make it right and that he will do whatever it takes to make sure that my bike was fixed to my satisfaction.

So the bike sat parked for the rest of week as a nice puddle of oil started to surround the center stand under my baby, Jamie and Jim were very proactive and would speak with me several times during this week to figure what is going on to try and see why this was happening. Then Jamie told me he was sending one of his mechanics down to my home on Monday to spend the day working on my bike in my garage until it was fixed. They showed up 1st thing Monday morning with a truck that had everything they would need (except the Dyno of course ;-) ) to do it all over again if they had to. And the Truck was in case they had to bring her back to Little Chute

Monday came and Keith was their with a truck full of parts, he spent the first part of the morning trying to determine where this oil was coming from, he and I were both stumped and so was Jamie. We were able to narrow it down to 2 spots, one off of the rear cylinder head towards the back and the other from under the bike below the cam covers and tranny cover. Keith took off the rear cylinder rocker box and replaced that gasket and that resolved the first one, which was minor at best for a leak, but the 2nd one still had us all a tad confused. Then Keith noticed that a lot of oil was coming out of the clutch cable - he called Jamie, Jamie did some quick inter web searches and found that some common issues are cracked clutch cables at the tranny cover - BINGO - that was the cause. I ran down to the local HD dealer got a new cable, Keith installed it, cleaned up the bike where the oil mess was, and sure enough she was as good as new.

This was not their fault, my cable casing/housing at the tranny connection looked like a rabid animal had chewed it all to heck but you could not "see" a crack or hole or anything that was worn through. He found the crack on the underside of the cable and therefore tranny oil was seeping down through the cable and leaking out the through the crack in the cable's protective casing.

Stuff happens, I get it, and there is nothing more unnerving when something that you really didn't touch makes it look like what you had done was the problem. I give FM a gazillion stars - as a biz owner myself we go out of our way to make sure our clients are satisfied and that is EXACTLY what Jamie and his team did. I didn't have to chase them down and repeatedly ask what ya gonna do, he never made me feel like he didn't care. He sent a mechanic down to my home to make sure it was right, and when we found out it really had nothing to do with what they did I offered to pay for his mechanic's time and efforts - Jamie refused. He even helped me out with some extras I wanted that had nothing to do with the repairs. He called me more than I called him - that was VERY refreshing!

This IS the definition of a professional company who stands behind their work and puts the customer first! Kudos!

Thank You Jamie, Jim, and Keith - you are #1 in my book, and I look forward to seeing you in Sturgis Jamie and sipping a few suds on my dime!

I have attached my Dyno charts for those of you who want to see.

Attached Thumbnails 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto-fm-dyno-b4-after.jpg   107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto-fm-dynotestafter.jpg  

Last edited by ChristoHD; 08-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:53 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
While it is a a bit premature, the big news is that we will be opening our first off-site official "Fuel Moto Performance Center" which will be in Palm Beach, FL.
that is great news, however, couldn't you pick something a little closer to la? its 1000 miles to little chute, or 1000 miles to fl.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Nick
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is what I call service... How long do you think it will be until the Palm Beach facility is up and running.?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
that is great news, however, couldn't you pick something a little closer to la? its 1000 miles to little chute, or 1000 miles to fl.
Looks like a road trip is in your future. I'm about 75 miles south of FM in Wisconsin. There is a beer in my fridge for you if you're in the neighborhood.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

i was up there. back in april. had my 107 done, but there is still the wife's bike, and i do have friends too......

where you at? my mom-in-law's sister lives about 2 miles from the powerplant factory.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto