Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:30 PM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd like to upgrade my 2001 EGC from a 88ci to a 95. How much is fuel moto's kit?

Old 04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had 10,000 miles on mine. 5000 since.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FL-kruzen
I'd like to upgrade my 2001 EGC from a 88ci to a 95. How much is fuel moto's kit?
Fuelmoto does a 98" kit, here's the link.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/98kit.htm

Old 04-17-2012, 01:39 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks! :-)

Originally Posted by MEGALifted
You will want an oil cooler. Mine ran really hot with oil temps reading around 250 and head temps in the mid 300s when it was near 100 last summer. I installed the JAGG fan assisted oil cooler a couple weeks ago and have noticed a huge difference. Won't really know how much until summer.

Before or after? I'd do it before.
Great, thanks MEGALifted! Why did you go with the Jagg versus the HD?

Anyone else have their 2 cents to share?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
brett, there is a huge difference in performance between the 107 and my wife's 103. you could probably stick with the 103 but go with cams and see a lot of the performance gain, and saving some money in the process.
I am sure there is, I do plan to go to 555s in the RG shortly after I get back. Even though the 103 is now standard on the touring bikes, I still kind of see it as an upgrade. Going to cam it and ride it out for a while and see where it goes from there. With the Crossbones, I cammed it and it was a blast to ride. Now I have had it cammed long enough that I am looking toward the next step so to speak.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 AM
MEGALifted
Tourer

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
Great, thanks MEGALifted! Why did you go with the Jagg versus the HD?
I wanted the fan. It's more money but should really help out during slower driving like in town.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by MEGALifted
I wanted the fan. It's more money but should really help out during slower driving like in town.
Thanks MEGALifted for your response... That is my thinking as well.

What all did you have to get for the Jagg? I looked over their site - aside from the unit it looks like you have to get some adapter for the oil filter? Anything else?

Anyone know who has a good price on these? It looks like it is about a $500 investment even if I do the install work! Yikes! :-)

What about compression releases? For those who had a 96" and went to the 107" - did you get compression releases installed?

Old 04-20-2012, 06:20 AM
MEGALifted
Tourer

What all did you have to get for the Jagg? I looked over their site - aside from the unit it looks like you have to get some adapter for the oil filter? Anything else?

Anyone know who has a good price on these? It looks like it is about a $500 investment even if I do the install work! Yikes! :-)

What about compression releases? For those who had a 96" and went to the 107" - did you get compression releases installed?
I ordered mine from Eastern Performance Cycles. You'll need the adapter that spins on where the filter goes and have the choice of one with a "thermastat" or without, mine has it. You'll also need to order the cooler/fan assembly. I'd also recommend the "anti rotation" kit which is just a small metal piece that attaches to the side of the oil adapter and prevents it from loosening up when removing the oil filter. Call and order from Susan as the price will be better than buying from them off eBay.

I got the compression releases for my build and am glad I did. Without them, it's hard to start when hot. I use them everytime I start it and you can tell how much less the starter has to work.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:41 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Go to www.directharleyparts.com for good prices.
A.) 2400 cooler: 0713-0066 $182 w/out fan 0713-0080 $310 w/fan
B.) Adapter: J4600 $88 w/out t-stat J4700 $120 w/t-stat
C.) anti-rotate device $8 0713-0048
Free shipping. Call in order and ask for forum discount

Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior

Jamie, you should bring all your stuff to Sturgis and do installs there. ;-) I already know the answer because i asked you in an email, but I thought I would stir the pot and get more people bugging you about it. :-)

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto